Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:
4 hours ago, whiskychimp said:
How else would you refer to them?

Cock-Womble

Ah, the Honourable Ignatius Sebastopol Cock-Womble. Great Queen's Park player of the 1870s..

Went to Tesco last night and the beauty of going late in the evening is the ample parking. Got a very nice space about 40 feet from the door.

This however is still not close enough for the lazy among us who still feel the urge to park in the pick up/drop off spaces outside the door. Think these people would park in the shop if they could.

Two tubs/jars/packets/bottles of the same food product opened at the same time. 

Eta: For clarity I mean two of the same products sitting opened in the fridge or cupboard at the same time, not opening them simultaneously. That would be silly. 

Edited by Dee Man

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

People that don't say please or thank you when ordering in a Cafe or restaurant. Rude as f**k.

Someone in a shop queue in front of me yesterday...

Didn't take his earphones out. Didn't acknowledge or speak to the cashier.  Put his phone on the counter with the earphone cables dangling from his head as he fished in his bag for the cash. Paid and took the stuff without saying a word or even looking in the cashier's direction. 

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Someone in a shop queue in front of me yesterday...

Didn't take his earphones out. Didn't acknowledge or speak to the cashier.  Put his phone on the counter with the earphone cables dangling from his head as he fished in his bag for the cash. Paid and took the stuff without saying a word or even looking in the cashier's direction. 

I was in the bank yesterday and the lassie at the cashier in front of me conducted the whole transaction with her headphones on and speaking to someone on the phone.  Didn't acknowledge the guy or say thank you when they were done.   Utterly reprehensible behaviour.  Absolutely in need of a boot in the pie of the most insistent nature.

On 10/06/2019 at 11:40, Jumbo Muir said:

Footballers with their oh so trendy double barrelled surnames and cock commentators who refer to them by the full double barrelled name. Just f**k off. c***s.

On 10/06/2019 at 12:12, whiskychimp said:

How else would you refer to them?

"c***s", obviously.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

People that don't say please or thank you when ordering in a Cafe or restaurant. Rude as f**k.

If a person I don't know all that well is rude to a waiter/waitress/taxi driver etc - that is my mind absolutely made up about them - no way back.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I was in the bank yesterday and the lassie at the cashier in front of me conducted the whole transaction with her headphones on and speaking to someone on the phone.  Didn't acknowledge the guy or say thank you when they were done.   Utterly reprehensible behaviour.  Absolutely in need of a boot in the pie of the most insistent nature.

Funny thing is the server probably secretly enjoys their rude attitude as it means they don’t have to speak to the c***s.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

This reminds me of a story I was told about a flight attendant giving a child a sweet, the kid took the sweet without acknowledging the attendant so the attendant gently reminds the kid of her manners by saying "Thank you?", to which the child's mother said, "I didn't pay all this money for first class for my child to have to say thank you".

There is not a chance I wouldn't have been tampering with that parent's in-flight meal if I was the attendant.

1 hour ago, Saigon Raider said:

I ran a club in Edinburgh for about 5 years - anybody who waved a note over the bar or paid in coins placed on a wet bar (that I had to pick up) - tells you a lot about them!

The wet bar makes it worse but anybody who puts the coins down to avoid having to make physical contact with a mere barman/shopkeeper is a c**t of the highest order.

5 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Went to Tesco last night and the beauty of going late in the evening is the ample parking. Got a very nice space about 40 feet from the door.

This however is still not close enough for the lazy among us who still feel the urge to park in the pick up/drop off spaces outside the door. Think these people would park in the shop if they could.

We were talking about that at work the other day.  I work next to Asda in Inverness and there's some electric car spaces with chargers near the entrance and there was a 2005 Ford Focus and a 2010 Citroen Picasso in the spaces :lol:.  Lazy arseholes.