Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Make sure they catch you wanking a couple of times, you’ll find they almost certainly leave early.

Note though, that this doesn’t work if someone sits next to you on a bus when there’s a free seat elsewhere. All of sudden doing something perfectly natural is “weird”, “unacceptable” and “illegal”.

18 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Was supposed to be getting a new oven delivered today just in time for christmas. Engineer takes the old one out and starts sucking air in through his teeth..." I don't think we'll be able to fit it, look these brackets are too high and aren't strong enough for your new oven"

" I assumed when I paid the hefty extra fee to get the new one installed it would include everything needed to install it"

"nah mate, you'll need to get a joiner in to build a shelf or fit brackets the right height and strength for your new oven before we can fit it"

Aye cheers pal.

With places like Currys etc unless the installation is so simple you could do it yourself they generally just walk away from it. A local appliances person would probably charge the same or less. If you’re in Edinburgh (I’m guessing not) I can give you details for a couple of folk who’d sort it out for you.

With places like Currys etc unless the installation is so simple you could do it yourself they generally just walk away from it. A local appliances person would probably charge the same or less. If you’re in Edinburgh (I’m guessing not) I can give you details for a couple of folk who’d sort it out for you.

Last appliance I bought was an integrated fridge freezer and I had the online chat with them beforehand to confirm that they were going to do everything including wiring in and levelling, fucking about with doors etc which they did.

That was because Currys fucked me over before in exactly the way you say. Washing machine wired into a spur with a blank plate at the back, with the switch on the worktop. Currys guy seen that he could just plug the new one in and washed his hands of it. Hardly installation.... the workshy p***k.

Eta, AO were good guys, Currys were p***ks

Was with AO, certainly more ready for our next choice. Alas I'm not in Edinburgh but cheers for the offer. My brother in law has loads of trade acquaintances so should be able to find someone for the job, just wasn't willing to rush into doing something right before Christmas, just going to wash my hands of that one get a refund and look around again in the new year, possibly just get the worktop chopped and get a free-standing one in.

3 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Was with AO, certainly more ready for our next choice. Alas I'm not in Edinburgh but cheers for the offer. My brother in law has loads of trade acquaintances so should be able to find someone for the job, just wasn't willing to rush into doing something right before Christmas, just going to wash my hands of that one get a refund and look around again in the new year, possibly just get the worktop chopped and get a free-standing one in.

I'd never buy an integrated kitchen appliance again, a simple fix becomes a nightmare, even just checking a fuse. Been cutting away and replacing with freestanding when needing a replacement. Looks fine.

I'd never buy an integrated kitchen appliance again, a simple fix becomes a nightmare, even just checking a fuse. Been cutting away and replacing with freestanding when needing a replacement. Looks fine.
I'd never had one before, just that's what was in the new house we moved into. That experience has probably swayed me towards just getting it all ripped out and getting freestanding from now on. Mrs P decided a few weeks ago that the oven was gonna be useless for Christmas dinner ( to be fair it is an absolute shanner of an oven) and seemed a quick and easy solution to get another integrated one. You live and learn!

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Last appliance I bought was an integrated fridge freezer and I had the online chat with them beforehand to confirm that they were going to do everything including wiring in and levelling, fucking about with doors etc which they did.

That was because Currys fucked me over before in exactly the way you say. Washing machine wired into a spur with a blank plate at the back, with the switch on the worktop. Currys guy seen that he could just plug the new one in and washed his hands of it. Hardly installation.... the workshy p***k.

Eta, AO were good guys, Currys were p***ks

They’re pressured into such a tight schedule that 30 minutes more on one job can mess up their whole day so the bosses probably have the rule that it’s better to piss off one customer than six or seven in a day.

6 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd never had one before, just that's what was in the new house we moved into. That experience has probably swayed me towards just getting it all ripped out and getting freestanding from now on. Mrs P decided a few weeks ago that the oven was gonna be useless for Christmas dinner ( to be fair it is an absolute shanner of an oven) and seemed a quick and easy solution to get another integrated one. You live and learn!

Aye, our new house was the same, you'd have thought new builds would have changed by now, people who haven't had one before are probably impressed by the look of the showroom kitchen without realising the pain in the arse when something goes wrong.

Three for one in this post:

I'm watching Match of the Day for the first time in ages. Football is boring.

John McGinn went off injured during Aston Villa's game. Once they'd finished their analysis Lineker said "and an update on John McGinn, Dean Smith said the injury looked serious and he went to hospital for an x-ray, so let's hope it's not serious." That isn't an update.

The woman commentating on the Norwich game just pronounced McLean as "McCleen," which put me in mind of the time that Sally bint from BBC Breakfast reported on Hearts ending Celtic's unbeaten run and the magnificent performance of Harry Cock Rain in the Hearts midfield. Independence now, please.

John McGinn went off injured during Aston Villa's game. Once they'd finished their analysis Lineker said "and an update on John McGinn, Dean Smith said the injury looked serious and he went to hospital for an x-ray, so let's hope it's not serious." That isn't an update.
The woman commentating on the Norwich game just pronounced McLean as "McCleen," which put me in mind of the time that Sally bint from BBC Breakfast reported on Hearts ending Celtic's unbeaten run and the magnificent performance of Harry Cock Rain in the Hearts midfield. Independence now, please.
The worst thing about the McLean thing was that there was at least one time she said it right. I wonder if someone told her after the game and that was one of the clips that got an overdub when it was edited.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Mariah Carey pretending she's ever ate a bag of crisps in her life. Should say in her defence she's 2nd only to Nicole shitsinger pretending she's ever ate a Muller fruit corner.

I also don’t think Len Goodman fae’ Strictly has ever shopped in Farmfoods in his puff. Fortnum & Mason maybe.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

To be fair Hearts are pretty cock rain at the moment..