Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

That’s why the early Champ Managers (and Ultimate Soccer Manager 98) are, for me, much more enjoyable than their modern counterparts.  Just pick your team, save up some money, buy better players, win more games etc.  You can dip in and out without needing a doctorate in statistics and coding to have a modicum of ‘success’ in the game.  I want to decide whether I play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.  I don’t want to decide what responses to give in a press conference or consider the impact of my responses on team morale.  I also don’t want to set specific training schedules for my third choice goalkeeper.

And if this doesn’t win ‘yer da post of the month award’ I’m quitting the site.

I don't mind the concept of getting into the detail tbh.

I loved it at uni when I was an utter bum. Few beers and FM was a favourite pastime. 

Married and in a full time job however doesn't really allow for it.

21 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Everybody in my street out clapping last night showing their support for essential workers despite all of them having relatives, pals, ect round at their house on a near daily basis.

Get them grassed, looking forward to the eventual tears and snotters from some maw called Sandra on facebook getting fined because she went round a pals house to play bingo. 

Get them grassed, looking forward to the eventual tears and snotters from some maw called Sandra on facebook getting fined because she went round a pals house to play bingo. 
I was sitting watching the TV, could feel the glares coming in the window whilst they were all out cheering, think me and the fine lady are the only ones in the street that havent had visitors.

5 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

That’s why the early Champ Managers (and Ultimate Soccer Manager 98) are, for me, much more enjoyable than their modern counterparts.  Just pick your team, save up some money, buy better players, win more games etc.  You can dip in and out without needing a doctorate in statistics and coding to have a modicum of ‘success’ in the game.  I want to decide whether I play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.  I don’t want to decide what responses to give in a press conference or consider the impact of my responses on team morale.  I also don’t want to set specific training schedules for my third choice goalkeeper.

And if this doesn’t win ‘yer da post of the month award’ I’m quitting the site.

There was meant to be a USM99. I'm still waiting for it..

I got Bristol Rovers into the Premiership and Europe but the game crashed. Mind you I've also been sacked by St Mirren after 3 months..

4 hours ago, Empty It said:
4 hours ago, 101 said:

I was sitting watching the TV, could feel the glares coming in the window whilst they were all out cheering, think me and the fine lady are the only ones in the street that havent had visitors.

Pray for @Empty It and his fine lady.

Edited by Jacksgranda

27 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

There was meant to be a USM99. I'm still waiting for it..

I got Bristol Rovers into the Premiership and Europe but the game crashed. Mind you I've also been sacked by St Mirren after 3 months..

You've obviously done an Alex Ferguson there.

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't mind the concept of getting into the detail tbh.

I loved it at uni when I was an utter bum. Few beers and FM was a favourite pastime. 

Married and in a full time job however doesn't really allow for it.

I disagree.

I'm married and work a full time job, but still have plenty of time for it. 

4 minutes ago, philpy said:

Head gasket gone on the car. Fucking hell!!! 

Thats what you get for owning an old Corsa. Only cars going that don't warn you your coolant temps too high.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I disagree.

I'm married and work a full time job, but still have plenty of time for it. 

Thats what you get for owning an old Corsa. Only cars going that don't warn you your coolant temps too high.

The temp gauge light was flashing red just before I pulled into a layby and steam started puffing out it. 

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just had my first Teams meeting of the lockdown in which I was just wearing my pants and t shirt due to me being late.

Wasnt as liberating as I thought it would be.

I didn't read that properly and got completely the wrong impression as to what you'd been up to due to it coming immediately after posts about the 8pm applause.