Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

22 minutes ago, Blaze said:

People who don't use a knife and fork properly. Basic life skill.

No fucking need for it.

It's either a basic life skill or there's no fucking need for it. Which is it?

9 hours ago, Blaze said:

People who don't use a knife and fork properly. Basic life skill.

No fucking need for it.

Reminds me of a scene from the Lee Marvin war film 'The Big Red One'. A group of German soldiers are posing as Americans but are found out because they have good table manners - they keep the fork in the left hand and knife in the right instead of swapping the fork over.

50 minutes ago, weirdcal said:
1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:
Multi millionaire c***s begging for cash on 'the big night in'.

Multimillionaires and Lenny Henry.

The unfunny clown will have a massive stash. IMO.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Reminds me of a scene from the Lee Marvin war film 'The Big Red One'. A group of German soldiers are posing as Americans but are found out because they have good table manners - they keep the fork in the left hand and knife in the right instead of swapping the fork over.

Does Tarantino parody that To some extent in Inglorious Basterds?

Is Football Manager worth getting into? I've seen and heard of loads of people addicted to it over the years and it's obviously highly popular but the premise of it sounds boring AF to me tbh. 

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Is Football Manager worth getting into? I've seen and heard of loads of people addicted to it over the years and it's obviously highly popular but the premise of it sounds boring AF to me tbh. 

I downloaded a free trial of the latest one but struggled to get into it. It was indeed boring AF to my mind.

28 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

6 years clean of the muck. Unbelievably addictive but it's just too much of a time sink.

I'm a good 10 years clean, but had a relapse about 3 years ago during some time off ill.

It is fantastic once you're into it but certainly in the modern versions its impossible to achieve anything unless you plough hours upon hours into it. If you want to just sign a couple of players, pick a formation, pick a team and fly through it then you'll be sacked pretty quickly.

It is not compatible with full time work, would not recommend.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm a good 10 years clean, but had a relapse about 3 years ago during some time off ill.

It is fantastic once you're into it but certainly in the modern versions its impossible to achieve anything unless you plough hours upon hours into it. If you want to just sign a couple of players, pick a formation, pick a team and fly through it then you'll be sacked pretty quickly.

It is not compatible with full time work, would not recommend.

That’s why the early Champ Managers (and Ultimate Soccer Manager 98) are, for me, much more enjoyable than their modern counterparts.  Just pick your team, save up some money, buy better players, win more games etc.  You can dip in and out without needing a doctorate in statistics and coding to have a modicum of ‘success’ in the game.  I want to decide whether I play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.  I don’t want to decide what responses to give in a press conference or consider the impact of my responses on team morale.  I also don’t want to set specific training schedules for my third choice goalkeeper.

And if this doesn’t win ‘yer da post of the month award’ I’m quitting the site.

You don't need to do all of that. When you start the game you can decide which parts of the job you want to take over and which parts you want to delegate to the staff. I leave all scouting and training up to staff members. Sometimes even signing young players. I just deal with tactics and first team signings