Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I used to save ~£15 by booking Aberdeen-Arbroath,  Arbroath-Stirling and Stirling-Glasgow rather than a single Aberdeen-Glasgow. 

The biggest rip off was Aberdeen to Mount Florida, which could be ~£20 more expensive than Aberdeen to Glasgow. 

Eta: ABE-MF is currently £78.60 for an OPR, whilst ABE-GLA is £62.40 (OPR), so a difference of £16.20 (when the Central to Mount Florida part by itself is only £3 return)

Scumbags.

Edited by Hedgecutter

32 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Two big b*****d jumbo-sized planes just flew over Aberdeen near side by side, but aren't showing on FlightRadar24.  Any idea what they are? (presumed military)

I was a bit late getting to the camera...

20201014_152655-1.thumb.jpg.ae5ec4400b54703977af1646103ea658.jpg

Possibly these Yankee Doodle dandies.

On 12/10/2020 at 10:20, TheScarf said:

Was walking across the car park at my local Co-op this morning and some hoor in an Audi A1 comes screeching into the car park and fired towards where I'm walking -through a parent and child space that's in front of the door.

She's going that so fast she has to actually stop and let me finish walking through it.  We end up leaving the shop at the same time and I take a look in her car and there's nobody in it, not even a child seat.  

I may have mentioned it on here before but do some people with kids think parent and child spaces are for just if you have kids in general, not kids in the car?  Like it's some special fucking prize for being fertile, 'Here, have a space closer to the fucking door since you've had 5 kids with 7 different men'.

I think there's something in the Highway Code exempting Audi drivers (and possibly BMW and Merc) from pretty much any petty rule such as speed limits or lane discipline.

When you enter a supermarket car park these exemptions apply to all drivers. 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Two big b*****d jumbo-sized planes just flew over Aberdeen near side by side, but aren't showing on FlightRadar24.  Any idea what they are? (presumed military)

I was a bit late getting to the camera...

Flew over our house about 3.30pm. Never seen planes so close to each other. 

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

If anyone's keeping a list, it looks like I might have this Coronavirus thingy. Will confirm in the morning.

Not enjoying it so far, if I'm honest.

Ah shit Dave. Take care. Keep us posted. Hopefully it’s just a bout of syph.

6 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I think there's something in the Highway Code exempting Audi drivers (and possibly BMW and Merc) from pretty much any petty rule such as speed limits or lane discipline.

When you enter a supermarket car park these exemptions apply to all drivers. 

Dunno if they've kept it going but before the Covid lockdown, every Audi dealership had to send someone out in an Audi demonstrator every weekday to drive around town indicating at turns, letting other cars out of junctions, stopping at pedestrian crossings and not speeding through ambers at traffic lights. It was an instruction from Audi Head Office to try and improve the image of their brand. 

15 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:
17 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Flew over our house about 3.30pm. Never seen planes so close to each other. 

There's an ongoing military exercise with naval jets operating out of Aberdeen airport just now, I've heard them flying over for a few days now. I haven't seen these bigger planes but possibly linked to the same exercise.

Absent-minded old duffers in shops who don't have their purse or wallet out in anticipation of having to pay for their goods at the till.

It's almost like it comes as a surprise that money is required to be exchanged once their items have been scanned, as you and others form a disgruntled queue behind them.

11 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Dunno if they've kept it going but before the Covid lockdown, every Audi dealership had to send someone out in an Audi demonstrator every weekday to drive around town indicating at turns, letting other cars out of junctions, stopping at pedestrian crossings and not speeding through ambers at traffic lights. It was an instruction from Audi Head Office to try and improve the image of their brand. 

This can't be real.