Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Drove past the pub Platform 8 in Inverness last night and they've got the Christmas tree up and decorations.  Utter gimps.

"We're having a party, because we can sell pints. Get it right up ye Central Belt cuntos"

17 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Booked a two night stay up north soon direct with the website, and the same deal has now appeared on itison for £100 less. Would be a pain in the arse to cancel then try to rebook, but that’s quite a bit off.

So word has got round that you have booked, and the place has to knock off a hundred quid to attract other people.

9 hours ago, Dee Man said:

This has given me an idea for developing an app where you can order exocet missile strikes on the address of your choice. Obviously you would require a valid reason for wanting the house destroyed, but this would easily fall within the acceptable reasons. 

If you need assistance coming up with a definition of "valid reason", say, for marketing purposes, give me a shout. I'll be happy to help.

An advert popped up for a Campagnola derailleur gear with the slogan "built before roads"

1) Early Bicycles started around 1800 or so

2) Derailleur gears were invented in the late 1800s

3) The Romans were building road 2000 years ago

Therefore Campagnola's slogan is factually wrong.

I've been Mr Logic, thank you for reading.

14 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Drove past the pub Platform 8 in Inverness last night and they've got the Christmas tree up and decorations.  Utter gimps.

BoringDeadlyIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif.669c9447b27656ab346a19325835f81a.gif

I've got no issue with putting up a Christmas tree beyond the traditional season during a Scottish winter. It's dark by about 4 o'clock already FFS so anything that helps people stave off SAD is fine with me tbh.

On the other hand any sort of holiday decorations in a pub are wrong. You may choose to decorate your own house for Christmas: a pub does not need to put up some ridiculous, two bob tat on the walls to show that it's Christmas/Halloween/God knows what else. It serves the same role in any self-respecting pub as a coffee machine, which is to say none at all.

My girlfriend was round last night and so was my flatmate’s girlfriend (Extended household rules ftw). Usually we find spending time with that couple to be a very pleasant experience, but she referred to the local chippy as a “chipper”. Is she officially OFTW?

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

My girlfriend was round last night and so was my flatmate’s girlfriend (Extended household rules ftw). Usually we find spending time with that couple to be a very pleasant experience, but she referred to the local chippy as a “chipper”. Is she officially OFTW?

Wid.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Great lass. Tell your flatmate to marry her while he can.

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

Boot in the pie supper needed

6 hours ago, Donathan said:

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Wid.

Huv.

Stenny fans celebrating beating City, the rotters
Its come to my attention on another forum I use that some people (not local to me but still....) are setting off fireworks in celebrations of Joe Bidens election win.

Any such people should have their remaining fireworks tied to their naked body and lit.

In asda tonight, adverts playing over the tannoy system for the 5-10 minutes i was in there. Have no idea why this annoyed me, i tend to notice the background noise of the tannoy in there, but it doesn’t register but tonight it just seemed to bug me.

M&S are doing a Christmas gin with gold flakes, why the f**k is this a good idea?

Why do people think it's a great idea to shit gold? Unless you believe in unicorns that is.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/food-to-order/adventures-in-food/christmas-gin

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Goldschlager has already been cornering this market for decades M8. It's just a visual gimmick that adds next to zero cost to the product. 

Yeah but the gold flakes cause small cuts and the alcohol gets into your bloodstream quicker 🙄