Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Google "obituary code" or "obituary euphemisms". We should have a P&B advance obituary thread.

I'll settle for being a tireless raconteur who gave colourful accounts of his exploits.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Google "obituary code" or "obituary euphemisms". We should have a P&B advance obituary thread.

I'll settle for being a tireless raconteur who gave colourful accounts of his exploits.

He never married and in his spare time took a keen interest in livestock...

14 hours ago, GordonD said:

Closest I came to something like that was when I was explaining a frustrating situation to a colleague who looked like a younger version of Patrick Stewart and I was on the verge of saying "It would make you tear your hair out" but managed to stop myself in time.

Visiting a factory I saw the forklift guy drop the load off the forks and he was struggling to pick the stuff up. I asked "Do you want a hand?". He stood up to see who was speaking to him and I realised his right arm was missing below the elbow and that's why he was struggling. "Naw, I'm fine" he said.

I felt about 2 inches tall.

35 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

PTTGOYN - vets.

Took the cat to the vet yesterday and they gave him drops for his ears.

£34.23 for a wee bottle.

£39.99 for looking at his ear.

Jesus Christ!

Same bottle - £14.10 https://www.animeddirect.co.uk/surolan-ear-drops

You'd probably need a prescription from the vets which would make up the difference in price. You can't win with them.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

PTTGOYN - vets.

Took the cat to the vet yesterday and they gave him drops for his ears.

£34.23 for a wee bottle.

£39.99 for looking at his ear.

Jesus Christ!

Same bottle - £14.10 https://www.animeddirect.co.uk/surolan-ear-drops

What do you think would be a fair mark-up, considering the extra expenses involved in operating what essentially amounts to a bricks-and-mortar retail establishment, with none of the price advantages of buying in mass quantities that distance sellers have? You're not alone in that line of thinking at all, but I don't think people quite realise exactly how expensive it is to operate a traditional retail outlet.

(I've got two cats who cost me about £150 a month, by the way, so I feel your pain)

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

In the bathroom the cold tap is on the left and hot on the right but in the kitchen its reversed and cold is on the right, no idea why but this really annoys me.

Hot on the left and cold on the right is the usual setup I believe.  I assume because most are right handed and the cold tap is the most used.

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Hot on the left and cold on the right is the usual setup I believe.  I assume because most are right handed and the cold tap is the most used.

It's the opposite on all the taps in our house. But, considering that you have to turn cold water on in one room in order to obtain properly hot water from a tap in another room, I'm quite happy to believe that our plumbing was implemented by a cack-handed moron.

(no, I didn't do it myself)

Just now, BFTD said:

It's the opposite on all the taps in our house. But, considering that you have to turn cold water on in one room in order to obtain properly hot water from a tap in another room, I'm quite happy to believe that our plumbing was implemented by a cack-handed moron.

You did it yourself, didn't you?

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Next time get Magee to do it is todays lesson. 

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

I feel I may have opened a can of worms with this, we need a plumber here to tell us the correct orientation of taps.

First world problems though - where I am we only have cold water and the tap is in the middle.  In fact, for most the tap is actually a bucket.

5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You did it yourself, didn't you?

Happy to confirm that, if I did it myself, I'd likely have a decorative waterfall running down the stairs.

I'm so ignorant about plumbing that the Dunning-Kruger effect doesn't even come in to play. I'm aware that I'm a cack-handed moron  :lol:

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Happy to confirm that, if I did it myself, I'd likely have a decorative waterfall running down the stairs.

I'm so ignorant about plumbing that the Dunning-Kruger effect doesn't even come in to play. I'm aware that I'm a cack-handed moron  :lol:

If you really want to get some mileage out of your plumbing issues (cue Kenneth) then you could swap the coloured discs on the taps when visitors are coming.

Just now, hk blues said:

If you really want to get some mileage out of your plumbing issues (cue Kenneth) then you could swap the coloured discs on the taps when visitors are coming.

At this time of year, unless a cold tap is on in another room, they could mix up the hot and cold taps and not know the difference  <_<

Would be quite interested to know what that's all about TBH. Surely it's not possible for the cold water to feed back into the hot supply unless there's an outlet for it elsewhere.