Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 03/07/2021 at 17:07, Newbornbairn said:

'Sakes.

I was in the navy for 5 years but do they call me NBB the Sailor? Naw. 

I worked backstage for 10 years but do they call me NBB the Stage Manager? Naw.

I've been selling stuff for the last 15 years but do they call me NBB the salesman? Naw.

But one fucking morning with a sledgehammer... 

Daft, eh?  Almost as bad as a 50+ calling himself 'new born'...

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

I posted this on the gaming section but I was playing a playstation game online and someone I killed sent me a message calling me a pussy, I replied calling them a c**t and now I'm banned from online communications for 3 days. They baited me in brilliantly it must be said, I wasnt that fussed until I tried to go on YouTube and apparently I'm too much of a threat to watch videos coz you can upload voice communications on there and it won't even allow me to open the app. 

Stormzy Adair. 

On 03/07/2021 at 09:49, Mark Connolly said:

The Golden Hour on Radio 2, which is usually just absolute belters going all the way back to the 50s, has introduced a segment called "Future Gold", where they play a shite song that's just been released. Utterly fucking pointless.

Or any Bauer Media station DJ giving it the 'Aww what a throwback this is! then playing a song from 2017.

1 hour ago, TAFKAM said:

Every couple of days I get a letter through the door for some presumably deceased woman who used to live in my hoose and it's always equity release. This and funeral payment schemes I think are minefields.

Send the letters back with a note reading

"I certify this lady is now deceased.

Dr. H Shipman MD

P.S. please send me details of your funeral plan as I have been left an amount of money in a will recently"

On 03/07/2021 at 17:07, Newbornbairn said:

'Sakes.

I was in the navy for 5 years but do they call me NBB the Sailor? Naw. 

I worked backstage for 10 years but do they call me NBB the Stage Manager? Naw.

I've been selling stuff for the last 15 years but do they call me NBB the salesman? Naw.

But one fucking morning with a sledgehammer... 

You shag the one sheep....

16 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Folk who assume you know their area code.

"Could I take your telephone member please?"
"856 457."

it's the opposite over here - all NI numbers start 028, the amount of folk who give their number 028 xxxx xxxx is ridiculous. I feel like interrupting them and saying "I know it's 028...)

19 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Folk who assume you know their area code.

"Could I take your telephone number please?"
"856 457."

I even sorted your typo first.

On a similar note, I sometimes have to visit folk who live in rural areas.  Many recognise that they have to give you detailed directions, others give you directions as if you already have an intimate knowledge of their obscure area.  “Turn right where there’s a dip in the road then come past the big field.”

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I even sorted your typo first.

On a similar note, I sometimes have to visit folk who live in rural areas.  Many recognise that they have to give you detailed directions, others give you directions as if you already have an intimate knowledge of their obscure area.  “Turn right where there’s a dip in the road then come past the big field.”

Local radio traffic reports are bad for this. I've yet to see a roundabout with its name on it, and they're certainly not named on a map but they'll tell you to avoid them instead of clearly named roads

Any pharmacists on here? Condescending know-it-all arseholes IMO. Maybe @Tynierose will confirm or deny. 

Maw is suffering with the early stages of conjunctivitis. Took myself up the chemist to try and get her eye drops. Could I hell! Met with a barrage of questions, every one answered satisfactorily but no, she didn’t want to sell me anti-bacterial eye drops. She’d sell me something that’d ease the symptoms but nothing that deal with the actual issue. A big problem with increasing antibiotic resistance apparently. ‘Cos an 80yo wummin doon  the bottom end of the town is self administering drops to her eyes. 

We know what it is, we know how to fix it, it’s £7/8, problem solved. But no, now we’ve got to make a GP appointment, wait however many days to get that, take up the GP’s time, get a prescription that’ll probably cost more than the retail price of the product and maw will have to deal with an extra week of gunky eyes and irritation. With the same product I trie to buy this afternoon. Which in turn causes me endless irritation. 

Five times in our conversation I asked ‘Are you refusing to sell me an over the counter remedy?’ Four times I got waffle, never a flat no. The fifth waffle i just flounced out in a huff. This country, man!!! Gaahh!!!!

Why is it that anyone with a set of letters after their name thinks they, and only they, know the basics of their chosen field? 

(And if I’m wrong, I’ll maybe think about going back to meekly apologise!) 

49 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Any pharmacists on here? Condescending know-it-all arseholes IMO. Maybe @Tynierose will confirm or deny. 

Maw is suffering with the early stages of conjunctivitis. Took myself up the chemist to try and get her eye drops. Could I hell! Met with a barrage of questions, every one answered satisfactorily but no, she didn’t want to sell me anti-bacterial eye drops. She’d sell me something that’d ease the symptoms but nothing that deal with the actual issue. A big problem with increasing antibiotic resistance apparently. ‘Cos an 80yo wummin doon  the bottom end of the town is self administering drops to her eyes. 

We know what it is, we know how to fix it, it’s £7/8, problem solved. But no, now we’ve got to make a GP appointment, wait however many days to get that, take up the GP’s time, get a prescription that’ll probably cost more than the retail price of the product and maw will have to deal with an extra week of gunky eyes and irritation. 

Surely she wouldn't suffer an extra week of symptoms, if the counter assistant offered you a product that would ease them?