Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The annual 'p***k next door ordering massive parcel Christmas presents when neither him or his wife work from home' carry on has started.

Sorry mate, I'm not a convenience depot, down to the industrial estate over the other side of town to collect it after work you go.

The street down from me there's a house with a sign on the door that says "in no circumstances leave parcels next door"

I always wonder what happened, if something was left before and the neighbour kept it.

1 minute ago, Oystercatcher said:

The street down from me there's a house with a sign on the door that says "in no circumstances leave parcels next door"

I always wonder what happened, if something was left before and the neighbour kept it.

Aye, sold on probably.  That's why the delivery drivers take photos of it being delivered now I think.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I got a delivery the other day where I was totally unaware a photo was being taken, then got an email about the delivery complete with a photo of my legs* from the knees down (wearing shorts)

*wid

I’ve had similar & questioned the delivery guy what good it did taking a photo of a parcel on a doormat? Doesn’t prove what address it was delivered to, surely.

The alternative being a picture of the door open, with the door number plainly in site, with the recipient (me) in full gimp outfit didn’t go down too well, I shouldn’t have suggested that in all fairness. 

16 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The annual 'p***k next door ordering massive parcel Christmas presents when neither him or his wife work from home' carry on has started.

Sorry mate, I'm not a convenience depot, down to the industrial estate over the other side of town to collect it after work you go.

I've been wfh this week but won't be next week. 

I have 3 parcels at my door for 2 immediate neighbours, since Wednesday. My assumption would be that they would have come next door on Wednesday evening to pick them up, but so far nothing. 

When do they become mine?

1 minute ago, deej said:

I have 3 parcels at my door for 2 immediate neighbours, since Wednesday. My assumption would be that they would have come next door on Wednesday evening to pick them up, but so far nothing. 

Well you know what they say about possession...

2 minutes ago, deej said:

Get them opened.

51 minutes ago, deej said:

In a thrilling twist, one neighbour has come to get theirs. Apparently she asked them to deliver it today instead but for some reason they didn't. Oh well. 

Neighbour 2 still has 2 boxes here but I believe they do not work from home so they are mine for the day at least

20 minutes ago, Donathan said:

People who say “pound” as a plural. It’s “pounds”. Only time “pound” should be used is when referring to a solitary £1. 

I'm going to pound your face to a pulp. Then I'm going to make a pound cake out of it. Then I'm going to eat it with some fava beanz.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

4 hours ago, deej said:

I'd be careful with this situation, as I found out myself - your neighbours might actually believe the burden is now on you to deliver it to them. I took a parcel in one day and it sat for 4 days in my house, my neighbour caught me in the close thereafter and asked if I'd received a parcel for them. I said yes, it had been sitting there for 4 days and he snapped back "why have you been holding onto it?". It was then I realised that he actually thought it was on me to take it downstairs to his flat, despite him sitting in possession of a piece of paper telling him where his parcel was. I found that weird but it got me thinking maybe more people think that way, and maybe I'm in the wrong. But I'm not, these people are c***s. 

It seems like everyone has an entitled gobshite of a neighbour that they won't accept parcels for.

My favourites are the ones who explode when they open their parcel and discover the contents are wrong. Like you should've opened the box yourself, known what it was supposed to be, and handed it back to the driver if anything was different.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'd be careful with this situation, as I found out myself - your neighbours might actually believe the burden is now on you to deliver it to them. I took a parcel in one day and it sat for 4 days in my house, my neighbour caught me in the close thereafter and asked if I'd received a parcel for them. I said yes, it had been sitting there for 4 days and he snapped back "why have you been holding onto it?". It was then I realised that he actually thought it was on me to take it downstairs to his flat, despite him sitting in possession of a piece of paper telling him where his parcel was. I found that weird but it got me thinking maybe more people think that way, and maybe I'm in the wrong. But I'm not, these people are c***s. 

You should have launched it out of your window with the words "consider it delivered, ya p***k"