Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

My word.  Surely that was a glitch and the 'advert button' was pressed too early.  That definitely looked like an error.

Looking it up, they had their automated ad break system enabled, forgetting it was a live event.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Looking it up, they had their automated ad break system enabled, forgetting it was a live event.

Aye, there's no way they would've consciously cut away from a live game to stick adverts on.

There was game on STV just a few months back that cut to ads on 90 minutes and came back on after an injury time goal for the whistle. Can't remember what game, but it was worse if you were streaming it than on the normal telly.

"It's the one thing where I spoil myself and I get a private jet to go up to Glasgow and watch them."

The one thing? Yes Rod because the rest of the time you’re cooped up in your bedsit, huddled over the one bar fire.

"I personally don't think it will ever happen in my lifetime but the thing is Scottish football would suffer."

Oh noooooooooo, please don’t leave us Celtic, how will the rest of us Scottish football fans cope?

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Rod Stewart is a w****r? I for one am shocked.

This. And his opinion on Scottish football is newsworthy because why?

In the early days of fitba coverage here, they would try to squeeze in an advert break whenever there was a halt in the game as they do with American sports. Throw-ins, player down, ball in the neighbour's garden etc., let's try and sell some cars. And of course, we couldn't come back to the game until the advert was over, regardless of what was happening on the pitch. It wasn't good for my blood pressure.
They still do that in Italy, chuck on a quick ad break during a substitution.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Total lack of respect Rod Stewart.. f**k off ya auld Tory voting p***k.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/rod-stewart-wants-celtic-play-22330578

I don't see what the problem is, Celtic fucking off out of Scotland is a fantastic idea.

Long-time eBayers with hundreds of transactions who start bleating about wanting a refund for a lost parcel within 24 hours of it being posted to them by the cheapest postage option, which they selected.

Also, people who get so mad about not getting their own way that they misspell two words, one of which was only two letters long, in a four word message.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Total lack of respect Rod Stewart.. f**k off ya auld Tory voting p***k.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/rod-stewart-wants-celtic-play-22330578

He's right about one thing, they're too shite for the EPL.

When you take annual leave and take the trouble to change the voice-mail message to reflect this and idiots still leave a message as if you're still at work.

Then there's the special idiot who quite clearly doesn't listen to said message and leaves a trail of calls/replies.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

When you take annual leave and take the trouble to change the voice-mail message to reflect this and idiots still leave a message as if you're still at work.

Then there's the special idiot who quite clearly doesn't listen to said message and leaves a trail of calls/replies.

And then complains to your boss that despite them leaving you multiple messages, you still haven't called them back. I've had that happen.