Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Anyway

Yesterday my TV wouldn't turn on and was irredeemably fucked. I found a new one and ordered it from Amazon to come today. £199. After it arrived I discovered there's no screws included to attach the stand (although I had some which seem to be holding so far). I went online to check on my order and found it's now being sold on Amazon for £169. 

Is there any chance me getting this money back or am I going to have to find out where Jeff lives?

28 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Anyway

Yesterday my TV wouldn't turn on and was irredeemably fucked. I found a new one and ordered it from Amazon to come today. £199. After it arrived I discovered there's no screws included to attach the stand (although I had some which seem to be holding so far). I went online to check on my order and found it's now being sold on Amazon for £169. 

Is there any chance me getting this money back or am I going to have to find out where Jeff lives?

Just return it.

If you can afford to, probably easier to ask for a return you then have 10 days I think to post it, during which time order the new cheaper one take the screws out it's box and then tape it back up and let them landfill a perfectly good TV.

Cardboard replacements for the plastic bits that hold a four pack together. Specifically the bit that looks like it's for carrying it with but is actually going to strip the flesh off my finger. 

They are pish. Bought a four pack at the Nisa near me. One fell out at the checkout and the lassie behind the counter said the whole pack was the same when they got it off the back of the lorry; cans everywhere.

I'm all for getting rid of those horrible plastic rings but the cardboard replacement isn't fit for purpose.

When there's one space left in a car park and the person next to you has parked like a dick, forcing you to squeeze in at a weird angle so doors won't hit when opened. The PTTGOMN is when you come back and said Dick has left and it's only your car left which now makes you look like the dick.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

When there's one space left in a car park and the person next to you has parked like a dick, forcing you to squeeze in at a weird angle so doors won't hit when opened. The PTTGOMN is when you come back and said Dick has left and it's only your car left which now makes you look like the dick.

Maybe they were in the same situation half an hour before? 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
15 minutes ago, coprolite said:
Maybe they were in the same situation half an hour before? 

Possibly. But when it's a Range Rover or BMW/Audi I automatically assume it's just dickish behaviour.

That's a very reasonable assumption. 

On 03/03/2022 at 14:13, Mr. Alli said:

I was £24 and it is now able to be changed as many times as I like for the rest of my life. 

I have a watch that for some reason drains a battery a year. I too bought a lifetime battery for £24 the first time i had to change it, rather than pay £19.99 for a single battery.

Based on those prices I genuinely think i've had about £160 worth of batteries for my £24.

It needs a battery now, as well, so that'll be going up again soon 😎

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I have a watch that for some reason drains a battery a year. I too bought a lifetime battery for £24 the first time i had to change it, rather than pay £19.99 for a single battery.

Based on those prices I genuinely think i've had about £160 worth of batteries for my £24.

It needs a battery now, as well, so that'll be going up again soon 😎

Similarly, I bought a computer power supply more than a decade ago for £80. It died about six years later, but thankfully I still had the box that stated that it came with a 7 year warranty. Sent it back and got a replacement, which was the next model up (as they no longer made the old model) and cost £120 to buy new. That died after five or six years too, so I chanced my arm and got that one replaced for free as well.

Sadly, they're out of business now, so I might have to actually buy one next time  :(

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

Similarly, I bought a computer power supply more than a decade ago for £80. It died about six years later, but thankfully I still had the box that stated that it came with a 7 year warranty. Sent it back and got a replacement, which was the next model up (as they no longer made the old model) and cost £120 to buy new. That died after five or six years too, so I chanced my arm and got that one replaced for free as well.

Sadly, they're out of business now, so I might have to actually buy one next time  :(

I cannot imagine how they went out of business.