Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

ATM's charge for transactions.  If you view your balance that's a separate transaction to withdrawing cash and therefore more revenue for the ATM operator.  Even when you select the option to withdraw cash only you'll always get asked "DO you want to check your balance, free service".
Once, fair enough. I'm hardly likely to have changed my mind by the second or third time.

Any c**t with a brain hates golfer fans, especially the yank style.

But if us Scot (like me) have brain, they can rent there house out for 1 week for crazy money during the open, staying at th MiL/brother/friends  for 3 grand can't be that bad. 

Skin them while there here.

49 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
51 minutes ago, Left Back said:
ATM's charge for transactions.  If you view your balance that's a separate transaction to withdrawing cash and therefore more revenue for the ATM operator.  Even when you select the option to withdraw cash only you'll always get asked "DO you want to check your balance, free service".

Once, fair enough. I'm hardly likely to have changed my mind by the second or third time.

Have you never stood behind a female at an ATM? 

Balance > Ministatement > another balance > end transaction > Insert 2nd card > same rigmarole > eventually withdraw cash*

*this last step may well not happen.

Have you never stood behind a female at an ATM? 
Balance > Ministatement > another balance > end transaction > Insert 2nd card > same rigmarole > eventually withdraw cash*

*this last step may well not happen.
Aw c***s with 5 or 6 cards checking the balance on every card when you're just trying to get cash out to go for a pint.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Not all of them. And the ones I've seen that do have a notice saying "Free Balance Enquiries"

18 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

How. Very. Dare. You.

I'll countenance no contradiction from our couthy cousins in Dundee. Your pehs are mingin and your stovies are odious.

I’ll ignore the slurs about the world famous Cuisine de Dundee and remind you we are talking about a Swedish delicacy that is made to the same recipe the world over (I assume).

14 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

HGV Drivers - If it takes you over 1 mile to even draw level with what you are trying to overtake, maybe you shouldn't have started the manoeuvre...

I found out why they do that, on a long journey they take turns to save fuel by being in the slipstream and try to switch while losing as little time as possible. Eco warriors as well as prostitute murderers.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I found out why they do that, on a long journey they take turns to save fuel by being in the slipstream and try to switch while losing as little time as possible. Eco warriors as well as prostitute murderers.

Nah, think that ones a bit of a myth.

I used to drive class2 hgv's and, in the job I was in, ordinarily had more than plenty time during my shift to complete my drops. Most trucks are limited at 56mph, so if I was on the motorway sitting behind one doing 53-54 I'd just happily tawdle along behind it. A high proportion though are chasing time and don't give a single fcuk who they hold up to get themselves that tiny bit further ahead that the extra 2mph takes them, which of course is absolutely minimal and hardly worth it for their own blood pressure and that of the drivers of the 50 cars queued up behind them.

In short, they couldn't care less about their employer's fuel bill and a lot of lorry drivers are, in fact, simply c***s (of the prostitute murdering variety).

Edited by 'WellDel

Deliveroo. I use them as my favourite restaurant only does delivery through them and when I was sick, I used them for shopping.

They keep pretending that the front door to the building doesn't work, or they can’t find the building, or they’ll go to the car park around the back where you can’t get in (even though I put that in the delivery notes). As I work from home I end up taking in packages for my neighbours and letting the postman, window cleaner etc into the building - today alone I buzzed in 3 people, it’s always strangely fine for everyone else. 

So I always have to go downstairs and get it myself. I don’t really mind that so much as them basically lying and taking the piss, especially since they charge enough to deliver in the first place.

Edited by Jambomo

12 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Don't trust it. Despite the fact it's been around for decades 

Yes, keeps his money in a mattress etc 

Madame Regal Kingsize will think nothing of sitting on the phone for half an hour in order to find out if she has enough money to buy a single fag from the local corner shop. 

I suppose if she was internet banking she would have been along to the shop and back and onto her next tab within the half hour.

32 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Deliveroo. I use them as my favourite restaurant only does delivery through them and when I was sick, I used them for shopping.

They keep pretending that the front door to the building doesn't work, or they can’t find the building, or they’ll go to the car park around the back where you can’t get in (even though I put that in the delivery notes). As I work from home I end up taking in packages for my neighbours and letting the postman, window cleaner etc into the building - today alone I buzzed in 3 people, it’s always strangely fine for everyone else. 

So I always have to go downstairs and get it myself. I don’t really mind that so much as them basically lying and taking the piss, especially since they charge enough to deliver in the first place.

Hopefully you're well enough that you no longer need to use the company for your go-to delivery and/or shopping.  I stopped using the places that Just Eat did the deliveries for when the TV adverts proclaimed they were "right behind and supporting" the ingurland women's team during the last WC in 2019 (??).

Scotland were in the same qualifying group !!!!

Shower of (biased) robbin' bassas the lot of them.

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I don't use Deliveroo.

There's the whole dodginess of the gig economy but mainly because they employ wankers who cycle on the pavement