Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Questions like “Who are the four people, from all time, you would like to invite to dinner?”

Everyone gets all existential and tosses out names like Jesus Christ, Ghandi, and shite like that. Those would be terrible dinners, with boring conversation and stuff. Surely everyone is really wanting to list four absolute party animals, but thinks people would judge them poorly.

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Questions like “Who are the four people, from all time, you would like to invite to dinner?”

Everyone gets all existential and tosses out names like Jesus Christ, Ghandi, and shite like that. Those would be terrible dinners, with boring conversation and stuff. Surely everyone is really wanting to list four absolute party animals, but thinks people would judge them poorly.

Tam Cowan used to say he'd invite Lenny Henry, so he wouldn't be the least funny person in the room.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Name your top four absolute party animals

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Will take them to the grave. Cannot throw them out. Vinyl made a comeback, so could scart sockets.

Your remains will be discovered some day and considered evidence of an early human-cyborg prototype.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Real answer is 4 "wids"

I've been getting the name of one of my all-time favourite albums wrong for more than thirty years.

I saw someone misquote the title on a website and smugly decided to search for their version to see if it was a common mistake. Turns out they had it right. Genuinely spinechilling Mandela Effect moment, but I'm obviously just a smug idiot rather than a multiverse traveller.

6 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Name your top four absolute party animals

Not an absolute top four, but a nice start off the top of my head: Hunter S Thompson, Bill Murray, Miley Cyrus and Paris Hilton

23 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Yes, it was called "It's Party Time" by Jive Bunny, not "Party Time"...

Three times Platinum.

People like to make fun of the Germans and Japanese for their taste in music, but the UK charts have always been full of utter shite.

6 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Three times Platinum.

People like to make fun of the Germans and Japanese for their taste in music, but the UK charts have always been full of utter shite.

Just back from a night in a bar that had karaoke and the crowd was mostly German, it was better than a UK karaoke.

16 hours ago, GordonD said:

Tam Cowan used to say he'd invite Lenny Henry, so he wouldn't be the least funny person in the room.

Rather invite Lenny Henry than Tam Cowan personally, but neither would make any top 4 guests

9 hours ago, BTFD said:

Three times Platinum.

The Dutch are the worst.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Dutch are the worst.

Alright Nigel Powers, calm down.

I'm not familiar with the Netherlands' current output, but it's funny how 2 Unlimited and the Vengaboys would make them either the best or worst thing ever to happen to pop music, depending on who you ask.

2 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Alright Nigel Powers, calm down.

I'm not familiar with the Netherlands' current output, but it's funny how 2 Unlimited and the Vengaboys would make them either the best or worst thing ever to happen to pop music, depending on who you ask.

I'm talking the early eighties, Mr Blobby would have been seen as too highbrow.