Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

To me it's a tell that they're mostly putting on an act of being amused rather than genuinely being amused (with the exception of when applause is expected, like a stand up show).

Stand up I'll allow.

But otherwise just let the person know you found it amusing with a wry smile or a chuckle. No need to act like it's something hilarious.

27 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Watching BBC news and seeing a pretty detailed roundup of American Football matches. ("Superbowl" "football", not real football.)

Why does this annoy you? The NFL has a pretty big following here these days, it’s newsworthy stuff for a lot of people. 

I'm about to embarked on one of life's finest pursuits...Sunday afternoon in the pub, and I am killing my own vibe with relentless, auld loser type thoughts about avoiding a hangover tomorrow. 

Being unable to live in the moment I guess, is the PTTGOMN. Either that or being an absolute past it auld dick 🤷‍♂️

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm about to embarked on one of life's finest pursuits...Sunday afternoon in the pub, and I am killing my own vibe with relentless, auld loser type thoughts about avoiding a hangover tomorrow. 

Being unable to live in the moment I guess, is the PTTGOMN. Either that or being an absolute past it auld dick 🤷‍♂️

You'll be fine after your first jar, enjoy tomorrow's hangover.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Why does this annoy you? The NFL has a pretty big following here these days, it’s newsworthy stuff for a lot of people. 

It's a petty thing that annoys me, reported on the ""petty things that get on your nerves" thread. Fair, I'd have thought.

As to the why... well apparently there was no sport from Scotland or the rUK that could have featured instead, topped off by the unrestrained joy I felt at "STV" doing live coverage of a rugby match between an English club and a French one.

Petty? Probably. Annoying? Damn right. 😁

On 19/01/2024 at 17:02, Miguel Sanchez said:

"The Traitors"

Go away.

I watched about 10 minutes of an episode the other day and had to switch over to something else. Utter horseshit. TV for the lowest common denominator.

4 hours ago, 101 said:

Stand up I'll allow.

But otherwise just let the person know you found it amusing with a wry smile or a chuckle. No need to act like it's something hilarious.

I figured that the wee pretend clap was when someone wants to express that it wasn't just funny, but they thought it was clever as well.

I'm probably reading way too much in to it and it's just performative, much like laughter itself often is.

5 minutes ago, Ken Ickie said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/scores-fixtures/2024-01-20

This got to me yesterday, the importance of The Scottish Cup to the BBC. Now, I could list loads of BBC annoyances, I admit.....

That annoyed me a great deal yesterday.  Never see the English FA Cup relegated to the foot of the page.

At least the fixtures and scores are there. The Scottish Women's Cup semi final today between Partick and Hibs (which they are showing live on a BBC Channel) doesn't even get a mention. 

21 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Watching BBC news and seeing a pretty detailed roundup of American Football matches. ("Superbowl" "football", not real football.)

21 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Possibly extra annoying as the BBC completely ignore it for 11.5 months a year, but as the only game of the year they show live is the Superbowl  better start the build up like its important.

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Possibly extra annoying as the BBC completely ignore it for 11.5 months a year, but as the only game of the year they show live is the Superbowl  better start the build up like its important.

They don't even get a bowl, let alone a super one.