Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 06/01/2024 at 02:05, Derry Alli said:

Sleep pattern is fucked and at this time Dailly I've ended up down YouTube rabbit holes for the past week. I enjoy watching food content videos and found a lassie called KarissaEats. She's a fucking darling and eats in some cool places so flick through her videos.

Her voice though. Fucksake. 

I ended up watching some of this guy taking stones out of beeves hooves.

Must be some relief for the poor cows.

Disgusting but satisfying in equal measure.

16 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I ended up watching some of this guy taking stones out of beeves hooves.

Must be some relief for the poor cows.

Disgusting but satisfying in equal measure.

Hahahaha I've been down that rabbit hole too. Must be agony, I've watched a few where it looks clear and the boy just keeps hacking away and you feel confused then all becomes apparent. 

When you get home from a late shift and try to be quiet so as not to disturb anyone and it's like somebody has turned the volume of the house up :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Films set in the past with music that post-dates that time.

It's one of the easiest things for a production company to get right - 

'What year is the film set?'

'77/78, late 70's anyway'

'Right, Google when 'Relax' by Frankie Goes To Hollywood came out'

'1983'

'Ach, fuck it, we'll stick it in anyway''

And I don't mean just as an overlay for like a driving scene etc. You actually hear these songs on the radio in the car, or the characters signing it as they go about their day etc.

15 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Films set in the past with music that post-dates that time.

This film is set in 1783 but Mozart did not compose that piece until 1788. For shame! 

On 25/12/2023 at 22:18, FK1Bairn said:

Folk who ask you to ask somebody a question then when you give them the answer go and do what they wanted to in the first place even though that's the opposite of the answer you gave. 

If you aren't interested in the answer, don't ask the question in the first place! 

That's "Annoying Things Your Partner Does" content

On 23/01/2024 at 17:37, Newbornbairn said:

f**k the idiot b*****d w****r c**t that designed the car parks at Forth Valley hospital. 40 minutes queuing to park.

You forgot to add "in tiny spaces". Really annoys me when you have an appointment there and have to arrive about an hour beforehand just to give time to park

I'm sure its been covered before but inconsiderate twats in the cinema.

I  have no real issue with people talking, opening crisps or whatever in the pre film adverts, but how difficult is it just to bloody shut the f**k up for an hour or two, not rustle your b*****ding chocolate bag, or squeak your shitey trainers on the footstool right behind me?

This rant then merged into "annoying things your partner does" - but from my wifes perspective 😆- as I couldnt take it any more and had to turn round and tell the loud eater to "fucking shut up".

Suffice to say the silence during the film continued in the car home and for the rest of the night..................

Is there a "stuff you have done as an angry old man" thread? I have lots of material