Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

A lot of them use the Falkirk stadium car park nowadays. Been for a run round the Helix a few times and parked at the stadium and there’s loads of them with their daft loud exhausts 

Missed a trick by not basing The Falkirk Stadium on Central Park IMO.

12 minutes ago, richardsedmond said:

The phrase "Back in the day"....

Back in the day, the moaning-faced auld duffers used to say, "when I were a lad".

Usually followed by some casual account of physical abuse with the catchphrase, "...and it never did me any harm!"

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Back in the day, the moaning-faced auld duffers used to say, "when I were a lad".

Usually followed by some casual account of physical abuse with the catchphrase, "...and it never did me any harm!"

When I were a lad I used to watch Junior football.. and it never did me any harm! 

Online password restrictions.

Specifically, the fact that about half of all websites now set a unique criteria for their acceptable password strand, with no common standard applied whatsoever. It's like the old phone charger rigmarole x1000. 

I've no problem with appropriate security measures but:

1) for a password to be a credible fucking password you need to actually provide either a consistent rule, or a reminder of your own site's arbitrary criteria when the user returns to your site. Otherwise you are expecting everyone to be Rain Man to recall the precise, arbitrary criteria you set months ago. 

2) It really does not require a unique Upper Case, number and special symbol password to access 'Glasgow Life' to buy a Celtic Connections event ticket. It's hardly viewing the internal network of the Pentagon FFS.

Edited by vikingTON

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Online password restrictions.

Specifically, the fact that about half of all websites now set a unique criteria for their acceptable password strand, with no common standard applied whatsoever. It's like the old phone charger rigmarole x1000. 

I've no problem with appropriate security measures but:

1) for a password to be a credible fucking password you need to actually provide either a consistent rule, or a reminder of your own site's arbitrary criteria when the user returns to your site. Otherwise you are expecting everyone to be Rain Man to recall the precise, arbitrary criteria you set months ago. 

2) It really does not require a unique Upper Case, number and special symbol password to access 'Glasgow Life' to buy a Celtic Connections event ticket. It's hardly viewing the internal network of the Pentagon FFS.

Also, when they suggest you memorise the password and not write it down.  Right, I'll log it in my memory bank along with the other 50-odd I now need.