Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

Sitting in the pub for the past half hour, because I am cool/living my best life, and there's a young wean who has been greeting the place down for the whole time. Her maw has been sitting on her phone totally ignoring the kid, giving "what can you do?" looks to anyone who walks past. Doesn't appear to be distressing her that her wean's upset.

I'm not annoyed by the kid's crying, but by the fact that all the child seems to want is some attention from her mother, and is distressed because she's being ignored. 

You should have at least bought the bairn a whisky 

When you see a bus coming and you stand on the kerb at the stop waiting for it and some f*ckwit tourist comes along and sticks their hand out to signal for the bus to stop.

Naw, I'm just standing here on the curb for the good of my health ya tube 

16 hours ago, TxRover said:

Sounds like they owe you a rebate for six days of normal Netflix service, assuming they are charging the full whack six days early because of the addition. Since it’ll cost them more than that to mail out a cheque, that’s exactly what I’d insist upon, versus a payment reversal. Preferably get the Ombudsman involved just to annoy them/pressure them more. Malicious compliance with the rules, reversed upon them.

Alternatively, get if off your chest by posting it on a Scottish football forum and then get on with your life!  

On 23/11/2023 at 03:40, RH33 said:

I know it's been done to death on here.

The price of holidays in the UK. Was looking at options where mutts could come too.

Basic lodge is £1500 for a week in the various school holidays. I could pull them out of school but by time your looking at slightly better weather it Easter, the may bank holidays and then English half term in June.

We were going to skip school and go next sept abroad (not with mutts!) but that had to get ditched.

Aye it's pretty mental. We were going to 'do' Scotland last year but it worked out cheaper going to Northern Ireland. We went up north this year after I thought Sorrento was a bit too much for 4 nights. I actually tallied up how much I'd spent in Scotland, all in. And I could have went to Sorrento with what we paid. It's obviously good for the economy that we're 'competitive' but there's something quite sad about the fact some families, who have no chance of affording a break abroad probably can't  afford a holiday on their own doorstep due to the prices either. 

Edited by 19QOS19

On 27/11/2023 at 09:46, scottsdad said:

A couple of annoyances this weekend but one has me seething. 

The cemetery is laid out in a grid-like fashion. For folk who can't walk easily they can take their cars in and park next to whatever grave they are visiting. 

My old man is buried at the junction between two of these wee "roads". At the weekend all I could see was that someone cut the corner and drove over his grave, leaving a tyre mark. 

Walking back to my own car I could see that they'd done it to a few coming in or out. 

My work is in a former church with a graveyard surrounding it. The amount of times you see tourists posing for photos at some stranger's grave, or worse, literally dancing on someone's grave while their parent films it, is disgusting. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye it's pretty mental. We were going to 'do' Scotland last year but it worked out cheaper going to Northern Ireland. We went up north this year after I thought Sorrento was a bit too much for 4 nights. I actually tallied up how much I'd spent in Scotland, all in. And I could have went to Sorrento with what we paid. It's obviously good for the economy that we're 'competitive' but there's something quite sad about the fact some families, who have no chance of affording a break abroad probably can't  afford a holiday on their own doorstep due to the prices either. 

I could've taken the girls out and gone to Majorca for a week all inclusive in September for £1600. Just plans had be cancelled.

My parents live on the NC500, prices for accommodation have shot up and real issues with housing now. Mind you we've issues with housing across the country.

When you are at a supermarket checkout and have one item and the person in front of you has a trolley full and do not offer to let you go before them. Obviously they are not obliged to but it is nice to be nice.

Behind someone who is using a cash machine and when you think they are finished they take another card out to use. 

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

My work is in a former church with a graveyard surrounding it. The amount of times you see tourists posing for photos at some stranger's grave, or worse, literally dancing on someone's grave while their parent films it, is disgusting. 

Kids dancing on a strangers grave while their parents film it. 🤔

On 23/11/2023 at 14:40, Zetterlund said:

Sitting in a busy bar the other night, a member of staff drops a couple of glasses which smash on the floor and the seemingly automatic 'WAAAAY!' response goes up from a few pissed arseholes.

People who do this should be given lifetime bans from drinking establishments.

100% this. Sometimes a glass just shatter in a member of staffs hands, usually when they come out of the glass wash, could cause a pretty serious injury and you still get wankers going 'WAAYYYYYYY'

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Reported for racism.

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Well, they could just have been taking photos, I suppose.

It's next to a bus stop, so it's quite common for folk to hang out on our land whilst waiting for the bus.

Fair enough Diego, I just thought that it was a bit weird that a stranger would dance on another strangers grave.