Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, bobbykdy said:

IIRC Safeway took over Presto.

I always think about in in terms of Kingsgate in Dunfermline.

Presto, Safeway, Somerfields,  Morrisons. 

Pretty sure Kwik Save should be thrown in  there too somewhere.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

16 degrees is nice.

Anyway, folk always claim this is how the summer in Scotland always is, always has been and always will be, so either folk are lying about the weather or this summer is no different from any others.

You have such a weird blind spot for ever being correct when it comes to weather. Baffling. 

See also.... Hot drinks. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You have such a weird blind spot for ever being correct when it comes to weather. Baffling. 

See also.... Hot drinks. 

Being correct? Or just a different opinion? 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

16 degrees is nice.

Anyway, folk always claim this is how the summer in Scotland always is, always has been and always will be, so either folk are lying about the weather or this summer is no different from any others.

Have you moved to Shetland?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

16 degrees is nice.

I agree folk say we always have shit summer which isn’t the case. But 16 degrees is nice in the spring and autumn im hoping for much closer to 20 or beyond in July.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

No i'm comfortable with calling you wrong here. Would you like to fight me? 

Right you two, Ruel Street, after school. Bring yer maws. 

33 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Right you two, Ruel Street, after school. Bring yer maws

That's going to be a problem for both of us.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

That's going to be a problem for both of us.

Could you get a couple of substitutes? 

On the weather thing, folk (usually in the media) saying it's always raining in Scotland when what they actually mean is that it's always raining around Glasgow.

Also, weather presenters describing weather as 'glorious' or 'miserable'.  F*** off with your opinions and stick with the weather facts.  There's nothing 'glorious' about sunscreen dripping into your eyes if building up a sweat, lumping outdoor kit about, or the warmth triggering high pollen levels.  In fact, it can make things bloody well miserable.  I'm specifically looking at you Kirkwood.

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

On the weather thing, folk (usually in the media) saying it's always raining in Scotland when what they actually mean is that it's always raining around Glasgow.

This gets on my tits. "you'll be used to this in Scotland haha ha."

"no, actually Aberdeen is one of the driest parts of the UK. It's in the rain shadow of the Grampian mountains which take most of the rain from prevailing westerlies." 

Banter

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

This gets on my tits. "you'll be used to this in Scotland haha ha."

"no, actually Aberdeen is one of the driest parts of the UK. It's in the rain shadow of the Grampian mountains which take most of the rain from prevailing westerlies." 

Banter

My sister stays in Bath.

When its good, its lovely - sunny and warm.

But it pishes with rain there a lot - in total, more than Edinburgh over the course of an average year..........but when they come here and it rains you would think they had never seen it before.

56 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Been off work for a week, weather was crap, rain every day. I’m sat at my desk, back at work, looking out at a clear blue sky and glorious sunshine. FFS. 

Ach well, nice the weather has turned.  

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

People singing every word of a song on the radio. 

I'd be raging if they played a song that was missing words tbh. 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

People singing every word of a song on the radio. 

My pet hate is folk who do that, but get the words wrong. Guy at work does it with a Nathan evans song (which makes it even worse) on numerous occasions. Of course,  it doesn't help matters when songs are played about 6 times a day....

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd be raging if they played a song that was missing words tbh. 

image.png.4575f8124e12077e87f4b10fac61c36e.png

Just now, philpy said:

My pet hate is folk who do that, but get the words wrong. Guy at work does it with a Nathan evans song (which makes it even worse) on numerous occasions. Of course,  it doesn't help matters when songs are played about 6 times a day....

During car sharing in the morning is the worst time. Toe curling stuff.

8 minutes ago, philpy said:

#Giant steps are what you take, walking in Dunoon#