Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My laptop : "oh, I can see that you've not only booted me up, you've also dug out your printer from the back of the cupboard and switched it on, so you must be wanting to do something both urgent and important. Therefore I am going to install Windows updates too, right now"

Printer: "Hold my beer. I choose today to decide to alter my IP, meaning that Boghead will have to follow a tortuous 58-step process to get me working again."

Me : Heading for Heads Gone.

Edited by Boghead ranter

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

People who point at their choice on the menu and the waiters who crane their necks to peer at it.

I think I probably do that all the time albeit whilst reading out my order.  I think I'm not alone in that.

Not in the Chinese though, as my arms aren't long enough to reach the menu board.  

25 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Some of the prices for they things is unreal.  £300+ for a crap shave 

My haircut usually costs £17. It will fall pretty soon to about half that as I hit state retirement age. Which is fair enough when you think about it as I will gradually have less hair. Mind you, with the performance of Rangers over recent years, and Scotland making an @rse of it at the Euros, it's surprising that I've got any hair left.

6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I think I probably do that all the time albeit whilst reading out my order.  I think I'm not alone in that.

Not in the Chinese though, as my arms aren't long enough to reach the menu board.  

Everyone does...until I point it out to them. Not sure why though as it's not difficult to remember. 

I now watch for it happening. People read the menu, make their choice, close the menu then pick it up and look again when the waiter comes. Watch next time you're out. So annoying!

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Everyone does...until I point it out to them. Not sure why though as it's not difficult to remember. 

I now watch for it happening. People read the menu, make their choice, close the menu then pick it up and look again when the waiter comes. Watch next time you're out. So annoying!

I did that a lot in Germany, because my German is nitz so gut.

When I offered to meet them halfway and order in French or Polish, they looked at me as if I was mad.

6 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I did that a lot in Germany, because my German is nitz so gut.

When I offered to meet them halfway and order in French or Polish, they looked at me as if I was mad.

Nah, it's fair enough when ordering in another language but I'm telling you, nearly everyone does it. Conduct the following experiment. Make your choice, close the menu then simply repeat it when the waiter comes, then watch everyone else. It's astonishing.

Are there any waiters out there who get annoyed by having to stretch to look at what people are pointing at?

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

My haircut usually costs £17. It will fall pretty soon to about half that as I hit state retirement age. Which is fair enough when you think about it as I will gradually have less hair. Mind you, with the performance of Rangers over recent years, and Scotland making an @rse of it at the Euros, it's surprising that I've got any hair left.

It's looks as though your advancing years are taking a toll on your memory too.

Rangers died in 2012.

😀

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I got bitten by cleggs on a walk on Sunday. Those things are worse than midges as far as I am concerned. 

No wonder John Wagner and Alan Grant called the nasty alien mercenaries in Judge Dredd "Kleggs"

kleggs.jpg.d18206b569316ab2ff599ac26eabab53.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.393711777d04e2119088e2bf3d4152e6.jpeg

On 24/06/2024 at 08:20, Boghead ranter said:

My laptop : "oh, I can see that you've not only booted me up, you've also dug out your printer from the back of the cupboard and switched it on, so you must be wanting to do something both urgent and important. Therefore I am going to install Windows updates too, right now"

Printer: "Hold my beer. I choose today to decide to alter my IP, meaning that Boghead will have to follow a tortuous 58-step process to get me working again."

Me : Heading for Heads Gone.

The good old days…

IMG_0836.jpeg.1b53d674bb8817ad9ceb078763cb4ede.jpeg

37 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The good old days…

IMG_0836.jpeg.1b53d674bb8817ad9ceb078763cb4ede.jpeg

I'm not convinced that my bag of cables that might come in handy one day will ever actually get used but i know the day after i chuck it out i'll have an urgent and critical need for an aux to stereo jack connection. Best not take the risk. 

23 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm not convinced that my bag of cables that might come in handy one day will ever actually get used but i know the day after i chuck it out i'll have an urgent and critical need for an aux to stereo jack connection. Best not take the risk. 

I have a box full of old cables and connectors, but never the fucking one I need! 

Five boxes here. A few years back, I got rid of the many, many duplicates too.

On the plus side, when the apocalypse arrives I'll be able to connect any remaining tech you like via seventeen different adaptors and cables.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Five boxes here. A few years back, I got rid of the many, many duplicates too.

On the plus side, when the apocalypse arrives I'll be able to connect any remaining tech you like via seventeen different adaptors and cables.

Masterblaster Dave rules Bartertown Alloa with his cables. 

Two men enter The Recs, one man comes out...

F**king Energizer button battery packaging! Three button cells in a blister pack…

1) Slide nail under edge to lift plastic top cover, and it pops off, happy as can be, with a thin remainder of paper/cardboard across the bottom.

2) Try to push cell out through paper…won’t budge.

3) Poke through paper to find the f**king battery is enclosed on both sides with plastic.

4) The inner/lower cover will not press out, regardless of all attempts.

5) Got the kitchen shears, and have to cut around about half the blister to be able to lever the inside cover open enough to get the battery out.

6) Repeat twice more…because each one is packaged individually. I mean, no one would ever buy a three pack instead of a one or two pack and want all three batteries at once!

If I ever find the c**t responsible for that packaging decision, it’ll be first degree murder!