Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

22 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Why is it, when you are in close proximity to someone having a loud conversation on their mobile, it's always the one who is dominating the discourse and never the c**t who can't get a word in?

With constant fake laughter throughout the conversation as loud as possible.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

"Ooohh, I saw a bird in the back garden, it was clearly, definitely my recently deceased relative coming to say goodbye!"

Utter pish. It was a fucking bird you fucking moron.

Birds aren’t real!

30 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Makes sense. When we go on holiday for a couple of weeks, the birds stop coming to to garden. I always assumed it was because there was no food getting put out, but now I realise that it's because there's nobody to spy on when we're away. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Fuckin' knew that Chiffinch was watching me with a bit too much attention when I was on a break today.

The old PTTGOYN standard, the automated phone menu system. On this occasion, menu systems that don't follow a logical progression.

"For an option you don't want, press 1. For another, press 2. For the option you want, press 4. For a tetchy auld witch who'll act like you're an idiot and hang up on you, press 3."

The wife when she heats up soup.  It's always scalding hot and she insists that there is no way around this.  The most annoying part is she's Asian (not in itself an issue) thus much of the food served up is lukewarm as standard. 

And kettles - she also fills it up way more than necessary meaning it takes much longer to boil.  She insists it makes no difference.

She must have shares in the utility companies. 

31 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The wife when she heats up soup.  It's always scalding hot and she insists that there is no way around this.  The most annoying part is she's Asian (not in itself an issue) thus much of the food served up is lukewarm as standard. 

And kettles - she also fills it up way more than necessary meaning it takes much longer to boil.  She insists it makes no difference.

Scalding hot soup is understandable, especially if it's a broth-type, unless you want a dodgy tummy.

As for the kettle, there are plenty of videos on YouTube that will explain thermodynamics. I've threatened the daughter with these and it seems to have done the trick!

42 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Top tip. When the wife brings you soup...wait a few minutes before diving in.

You can thank me later!

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

The old PTTGOYN standard, the automated phone menu system. On this occasion, menu systems that don't follow a logical progression.

"For an option you don't want, press 1. For another, press 2. For the option you want, press 4. For a tetchy auld witch who'll act like you're an idiot and hang up on you, press 3."

For an option you don't want press star key and 1 

For another press hatch and 2

For the option you want press star key and 4

To talk about an American 70s cop show press star key and hatch... 

Re: the soup thing. Do you not just wait five minutes until it's cooled down?

I had this conversation with my son when he was wee, as he thought leftovers should be microwaved until they're hot enough to eat. Which is fine, if you're OK with seeing it come back up the way again in a few hours.

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

If you are heating something up, there is a core temperature that needs to be reached. 

17 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Makes sense. When we go on holiday for a couple of weeks, the birds stop coming to to garden. I always assumed it was because there was no food getting put out, but now I realise that it's because there's nobody to spy on when we're away. 

The 'observer effect' in action where the birds don't exist until you see them; proper quantum mechanics Einstein sh*t.

I had microwave-reheated lasagne for lunch (leftovers from last night).  Brings out the oily juicy goodness or something. 

Regardless of the cause, it always tastes better the next day.  Anyone who disagrees deserves nothing but cardboard for their breakfast, lunch & dinner.