Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

More vehicular relating complaint!

I have to drive the Drouthy bus tomorrow, therefore i won't be drinking. :angry:

Not only that, it's my office Christmas do tonight, with free drink, and i can't even drink! :angry:

The first ungrateful arsehole that moans to me on that bus tomorrow is getting telt tae pick a windae. :angry:

:rolleyes: No wonder women drivers get a bad name.

I've never paid as much as 200 quid to have a car serviced. Did you take it to a dealer franchise?

Knowing the difference between an MOT and a service bears no reflection on the quality of anyones driving.

I've taken it to the dealer franchise, I thought it was the best avenue since I hope to sell the car back to them at the end of my contract, in part-exchange for another one of their motors. They picked it up at 9am and it's due to be dropped off at 2pm. I'm quite chuffed that I managed to coax them into picking it up and dropping it off, I had to walk last time! :lol:

Find a trustworthy independant garage and have a full service on your car for around £70, AND probably get a better job done.

All this FDSH when re-selling is a bit of a nonsense, unless you change cars every couple of years.

A service is a 'healing process' for the wear and tear on your engine. The spark plugs get changed, the oil and it's filter get changed, and the air filter. Most get points changed as well. This is to allow the engine to run more efficiently.

An M.O.T is an examination of the basic roadworthiness of your vehicle, including emissions tesing, brakes, fluids, lights, electrics, in order that your car is basically deemed sound to be on the highway for another year.

I see, I see.

I paid £40 for a brake fluid change in March, which they just tried to con out of me again a mere hour ago. They told me they had no record of my two year brake fluid change having been carried out, I told them I had the receipt for it. Chancers!

The car was serviced this time last year, shortly after I bought it but it was done for free because it should have been done before I picked it up. This is by far the biggest expense I've paid out on the thing, and if it's not entirely necessary to take it to VW, I'll not bother next year. The year after, it'll be someone elses problem! B)

Some of his excuses are belters though, he once txted to say he couldn't come out to celebrate my birthday because "I'm on call and there's been a serious car crash. I'm going to be up all night doing reconstructive dentistry". (He works as a dentist) Now I'm no expert, but I don't think ambulance crews pull people out of car crashes and think "Oh my god, look at his teeth, lets get him to the dentist" :rolleyes:

That really made me lol. :D

It's my sister's birthday today and we sent her a card and a voucher-card thingy from Topshop. We sent them in separate envelopes. She texted me today to say thanks for the card, but why did you send an empty envelope as well?

Some thieving postal worker's clearly just nicked the vouchers and then had the audacity to actually still send the envelope! Cheeky c**t!

It's my sister's birthday today and we sent her a card and a voucher-card thingy from Topshop. We sent them in separate envelopes. She texted me today to say thanks for the card, but why did you send an empty envelope as well?

Some thieving postal worker's clearly just nicked the vouchers and then had the audacity to actually still send the envelope! Cheeky c**t!

That's fucking shocking but :lol::ph34r:

£254.96 :(

To be fair that includes new wiper blades (£24) , fuel additive (£13) and pollen filter (£48). :huh:

Brake pads (front and back) to be replaced under warranty but I have to take it back in next week because they didn't have any in stock - and that was at the franchise dealership!! :angry:

Yikes, mine was broken down like this:

Oil Filter: £6.96

Pollen Filter: £15.22 (lol at you)

Engine Oil: £26.95

S.Plug/Seal: £0.41

Fan Jet Scr/Wash: £2.75

Multi 1 Lt: £5.99 (which I presume is the oil they put in the back of my boot)

Downsides - drivers door rattles when driving and some damaged paint work at the rear so they're sending an estimate to have these fixed and I need to take my car back in to have that done. Front tyre that I thought might have had a slow puncture is actually just worn and tread depth is sitting dangerously low so I'll need new tyres for both front wheels which are sitting at 3 and 2 respectively. Backs are 6.

I just know I need new front tyres, especially the one down at 2, but I don't know when I should get them. I don't get paid for two weeks, so I don't know whether to bother using the spare for now. They signed the checks on both tyres off, didn't mention having to change them but I think they must need done if they are that low!

Edited to add: They also tightened up my brakes and handbrake. When I got into the car, I didn't realise that's what they'd done and almost threw myself through the windscreen at a roundabout. They also washed and vacuumed it, which it badly needed so I'm pleased.

Edited by SaintSam

Texting some mates yesterday who wants to watch idlewild in march as i am booking tickets. 2 replied and I bought 1 extra assuming 4 would be plenty as not many like them. Tonight I have had a load of calls and texts with people saying they will go now. I have since sold my last ticket and now the rest are moaning as they want to go and are incapable of booking a ticket themselves on line. Grrr

I get annoyed by when people moan at you about things when you're the one who's put the effort into doing them for both yourself and them. I was unbelievably pleased when a mate said a few weeks ago "Jammy, see if you never arranged anything we'd be screwed, thanks" or words to that effect. It's commonplace to not even get thanked sometimes.

Edited by Jammy

Husband rumbled in at 3:30am blazing drunk after his Christmas party. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but he was in such a state. I've just found the olive oil in the fridge :blink: and there's a stain on his trousers that looks like either pakora sauce or puke.

Husband rumbled in at 3:30am blazing drunk after his Christmas party. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but he was in such a state. I've just found the olive oil in the fridge :blink: and there's a stain on his trousers that looks like either pakora sauce or puke.

:lol::lol: