Golfers Thread

Gaz

**Fantasy Golf Week  7**

IMG_20210222_001938.thumb.jpg.030515cf26e25fdd6d64079e96fbab07.jpg

Always the bridesmaid

This stuff almost writes itself now. Tony Finau proves for the umpteenth time that nice guys always finish last, or 2nd, or tied 5th. Full credit to Max Homa though, showing great character to win at a testing Riviera after missing a 3 footer on the 72nd hole for an outright victory and an impossible lie on the first play off hole, after Burns bottled it and Finau faded in the play off. He earns one of golf's most coveted prizes. A place in next years fantasy golf listings.

Again, not much movement in the standings. Smashing through the 500 points barrier, @J_Stewart still leads the chasing pack as we count down to the Masters. Just 6 weeks until the fantasy league rolls up Magnolia Drive.

Standings

514 (50) @J_Stewart

493 (42) @die hard doonhamer

473 (38) @Ro Sham Bo

446 (42) @alta-pete

441 (42) @lichtie23

379 (30) @Tartan Dave

378 (34) @Erih Shtrep

350 (54) @peasy23

304 (30) @Distant Doonhamer

212 (16) @Henderson to deliver .....

174 (--)   @Honest_Man#1

35204971_WGCConcession.png.9c57dfda809302750864b42ab47abdc1.png

There's a PGA Tour event in Puerto Rico with the dross who haven't qualified for the big one. Matt Wallace may pick up some points for his fantasy teams in a weak field.

Yes, it's WGC time this week, which means a 1.5x multiplier is in effect. No Mexico this year for pandemic reasons, we instead start the Florida swing early with a trip to 'The Concession'. An elite field of 72 go to post in this no cut event. Tiger, Phil, Rickie and Jordan the notable absentees. A new tour venue, the only course form we have is a win for a pre beefcake Bryson and a 3rd place for Thomas Detry in a 2015 college championship. Around 7500 yards, generous fairways, difficult greens with tiers and undulations and lots of forced carries, we're probably looking for long drivers, good putters and those who have a high ball flight.

A design collaboration between Jack Nicklaus and Tony Jacklin and named after what is regarded as one of the great acts of sportsmanship, the putt conceded by Nicklaus at the 1969 Ryder Cup. Patrick Reed would be a fitting winner here I think.

concession-golf-use.jpg.f83681d9bd21f29e6babed9e81824f73.jpg

Trying to work out what todays announcement means for golf clubs.

Looks very much like two-balls from now until end of April perhaps (unless you play with someone in your own household plus another)

We have several members who live in a different LA so doesnt look as if they can travel to play until 26th April - must admit forgotten what Level three actually means - can you travel outwith your local authority to another level three local authority? 

I was hoping that the restrictions might be a lot better from a golfing point of view - no disaster for me as I virtually live on the course but have friends from a different local authority that I do not know when we can play together - I am sure Scottish golf will come out and clarify soon but we have laready had an email from a member looking for a discount.........

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Tiger involved in a single vehicle crash. Reports are they needed the “jaws of life” to get him out the car. He looked awful on Sunday when he was on the telly. Not good at all

Yeah. It's hard not to jump to the conclusion that he's been DUI again. 

Yeah. It's hard not to jump to the conclusion that he's been DUI again. 

Yea I imagine so. Maybe not booze but if he is on serious pain relief for his back then that will be the issue. If his back is really that knackered then he should call it a day. Don’t cripple yourself trying to beat Jack

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Yea I imagine so. Maybe not booze but if he is on serious pain relief for his back then that will be the issue. If his back is really that knackered then he should call it a day. Don’t cripple yourself trying to beat Jack

That's what I was thinking. He certainly looked that way on Sunday. 

If he has got serious leg injuries then I think the decision is made for him. 

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

This has probably been asked before but.....who is the GOAT in your opinion? Tiger or Jack?

Tiger for me

There's no doubt for me that if Tiger didn't self destruct he'd have over 20 major wins by now. 

He's had a couple of periods in his career where he reached levels of dominance and excellence that probably won't be seen again.