Quick Question Thread

Got a blanket email from my bank saying:

Q1. Decided to say 'yes' to a wedding invite?

A. The average cost of attending is reportedly £1,015 - from stag or hen do to wedding gift, it all adds up.

Anybody here ever spent anything close to a grand on attending a wedding?  :unsure:

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Anybody here ever spent anything close to a grand on attending a wedding?  :unsure:

My niece was invited to a wedding in the Cook Islands, so I'd imagine she spent considerably more. Really selfish imo unless all the people you invite are loaded and can take the time off work.

A. The average cost of attending is reportedly £1,015 - from stag or hen do to wedding gift, it all adds up.

Yes. Factor in a stag do (which are becoming increasingly more abroad), overnight hotel stay for wedding, travel etc... it’s quite easily done.

My friend is getting married in Sorrento in August, I’d be delighted if I managed it on a grand.

Yes. Factor in a stag do (which are becoming increasingly more abroad), overnight hotel stay for wedding, travel etc... it’s quite easily done.

My friend is getting married in Sorrento in August, I’d be delighted if I managed it on a grand.
Yeah its one of them that might surprise you. If you are building all that in then its surely easy done.

42 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I was best man at a wedding in Estonia a few years back.  Whole episode must have cost me >£1k by the time i factored in a weeks drinking in Tallinn/Helsinki and having to replace the wife's camera which I lost somewhere along the way.

Aye, including stag do. Last year was 4 days abroad for the stag do then as I live away from all my friends & family another 3 nights away from home for the wedding, plus kilt hire and travel as well and it’s easily done - still frightening to think about though...with having another stag do & wedding to attend this year!