Quick Question Thread

Always used to be my meeting point/first pint in Glasgow which is now Droothys. Cracking big brass covered bar and excellent Tennents the Ingram had.

Droothys is also a very good pub, been done up recently. I work in the office across the road from it.

Droothys is also a very good pub, been done up recently. I work in the office across the road from it.
Yeah I was in there a couple of weeks ago, thought it looked different. The only thing needing done was to sort out they death trap stairs.

I've possibly asked this before, but can anyone recommend a good place to take an intensive driving course? Got plenty of holidays to take before April and I really need to get this driving thing done and dusted while I have the chance. I know it'll cost about a grand, but I don't want to pish it away and still end up with no licence at the end of it.

43 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've possibly asked this before, but can anyone recommend a good place to take an intensive driving course? Got plenty of holidays to take before April and I really need to get this driving thing done and dusted while I have the chance. I know it'll cost about a grand, but I don't want to pish it away and still end up with no licence at the end of it.

Forget it. If you’ve plenty time off batter in with about 3-4 hrs a week with an instructor and you’ll get it out the road by April easy. 

1 hour ago, Christophe said:

Forget it. If you’ve plenty time off batter in with about 3-4 hrs a week with an instructor and you’ll get it out the road by April easy. 

Tried that a couple of times, but there always seems to be something that comes up to interrupt a long series of lessons.

I don't know if this can still be done as I passed my test 25 years ago.
I went directly to the DVLA/driving licence local test office and booked a test date directly. 1 month in advance. Then started calling all the local driving instructors to ask if they could put me through a course for said test date. If I pass thy will receive a hefty tip.
Lots of them refused but did get a few that wanted take on the challenge. Passed first time, with 2 lessons a day.

9 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Take a little trip to Blackpool. Loads of places do it down there.

https://www.learndrive.co.uk/booking/5day-course/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1-Hr6IqQ4AIVjpPtCh1WzgLvEAAYASAAEgLNK_D_BwE

https://www.oneweekintensivedriving.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1-Hr6IqQ4AIVjpPtCh1WzgLvEAAYAiAAEgK9SfD_BwE

14 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Might be  a bit tricky to setup, but if you were born in Northern Ireland before 1950, you got a driving licence without having to do any sort of test. My dad (never sat a test but loved to criticise my driving) had a friend called Margaret Campbell who was legally allowed to drive but couldn't reverse. The act of going to a supermarket and finding a parking space space with a space in front will forever be known in my family as "Doing a Margaret Campbell". 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Why do so many folk in wheelchairs wear those big florescent yellow jackets (the type stewards at the football wear)?

Because they're unable to kick the shit out of whatever fud thought that 'day-glo' was a ok for otherwise normal folk to wear.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why do so many folk in wheelchairs wear those big florescent yellow jackets (the type stewards at the football wear)?

Because it makes them easier to see as they are lower down. When you think about it, a traffic cone hat, or something similar would be better.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Because it makes them easier to see as they are lower down. When you think about it, a traffic cone hat, or something similar would be better.

So what's this guy's excuse?

Duke of W.jpg