Quick Question Thread

Just now, MixuFixit said:

I'd probably get in touch with them and see if they sell touch up kits or anything, then if not I'd have a look at what that other crowd I linked have that might do the job and try to get something that matches the colour (they're very helpful if you were to send them the photos they can probably advise you on what would be best). Danish oil is cheap enough you could get some and have a shot but like I say I'd test it on the underside first.

You are a hero.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I suppose it was terrifying having to free up to the mrs, such a range of negative emotions.

On the positive side sharing negative situations through to a positive outcome is good for a relationship. 

If I had been you I would have carefully placed a coast on top of the mark put a bottle of bud on the coaster and got the feet up

On 29/04/2019 at 13:28, throbber said:

The liquid from one of those air freshener plugs leaked onto my oak furniture land table yesterday and has melted the varnish off a bit. What’s the best thing to do about this?

IMG_0434.jpg

Dip the whole thing in air freshener liquid 

Et voila....a nice new light oak effect table

Best Kebab, just north of queen st station. Try the sarbeni.
I hope that's not a serious suggestion. It's the mankiest kebab shop in the city centre.
Howling wolf, slouch and bloc all do late night food. Steak and cherry as well.

3 minutes ago, spud131 said:

I hope that's not a serious suggestion. It's the mankiest kebab shop in the city centre.
Howling wolf, slouch and bloc all do late night food. Steak and cherry as well.

Manky burds are the best. I’ve only heard of bloc out of those (I’m old) and wouldn’t recommend that to anyone.

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

Best Kebab, just north of queen st station. Try the sarbeni.

I walked past there a few Saturdays ago at about 1030am, and could see them preparing the bases for the sarbenis.

I was filled with equal amounts of nostalgia and the fear.

On 30/04/2019 at 22:50, A96 said:

Dip the whole thing in air freshener liquid 

Et voila....a nice new light oak effect table

Cut a hole around it and insert an ashtray into the hole.  You could even do the same at the other end in the interests of symmetry.  Sunken ashtrays are going to be the next big thing in home furnishing