Quick Question Thread

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Aye. Got done early in the pandemic for parking on a double yellow by a Central Scotland WPC (are they even still a thing?) (a solid 9/10 wid btw) and it was the old school Central Scotland Police ticket payable by cheque or postal order only.

I’m thinking it’s just the backlog of old format tickets that they’re working their way through before they get to the new Poileas Alba ones that’ll likely do it by chip n pin. Clearly we’re a more God-fearing, law-abiding citizenship than our masters fear. 

Maybe @Inanimate Carbon Rod will confirm. 

Maybe something to do with having to have your licence endorsed or something? Dont know how it works in the courts in central as its actually them you pay not the police, they dont collect the fines, but that said pretty sure you can go to the court and pay in person, at least in Strathclyde you can. 

55 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Maybe something to do with having to have your licence endorsed or something? Dont know how it works in the courts in central as its actually them you pay not the police, they dont collect the fines, but that said pretty sure you can go to the court and pay in person, at least in Strathclyde you can. 

I had to take my old paper license into Inverness Castle for a clerk to scribble down the endorsement for speeding. Paid in cash I think. Surprising they haven't switched to online by now.

IMG_1645726859.512008.jpg

We got this email today from our letting agent. Should we be expecting pack our stuff soon? Or does that not suggest the landlord is planning to sell up?

43 minutes ago, smpar said:

IMG_1645726859.512008.jpg

We got this email today from our letting agent. Should we be expecting pack our stuff soon? Or does that not suggest the landlord is planning to sell up?

Talk to them. 99% chance your landlord is just refinancing (BTL mortgages are much shorter term than the whole life finance available for homeowners), perfectly routine. 

15 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Is there anything more disgusting than those sanitary towel things they've started putting in packs of prawns to soak up all the juice?

No. The answer is no. 

You mean you don't sook on them, like everyone else?

On 21/02/2022 at 10:07, 19QOS19 said:

Paesano is the correct answer. I didn't think the pizza was particularly expensive. It was absolutely fantastic as well.

This. Paesano is very good. From memory, you can’t book and just have to wait for a table if none free. 

15 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Is there anything more disgusting than those sanitary towel things they've started putting in packs of prawns to soak up all the juice?

No. The answer is no. 

Can't believe Kb gets his prawns in packets when his butler should surely pick them up fresh from his local fishmonger

This. Paesano is very good. From memory, you can’t book and just have to wait for a table if none free. 
That was the case a few weeks back certainly. That folk chose to stand and wait, in a city full of great eateries shows how good it is.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That was the case a few weeks back certainly. That folk chose to stand and wait, in a city full of great eateries shows how good it is.

Absolutely. Pretty big though and the pizzas come quickly so don’t think the wait would be too long. 
There’s a pasta place on Mitchell Street, Sugo, which I think is the same people. Very similar in terms of decor, limited(ish) menu etc. Good food there too, 

On 21/02/2022 at 07:36, alta-pete said:

Paesano on Miller Street if you like it busy and expensive.

Their most expensive Pizza is £9, their priciest bottle of wine is £21 ( £24 if you want fizz).

Amazingly cheap for a city centre imo...................