Quick Question Thread

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

When a Guide Dog shites in the street who picks it up? 

The owner, but with help from the dog. It's like a game of Hot and Cold, one bark for warmer, two barks for colder. 

16 hours ago, mathematics said:

Lebowskis

I was on a stag do and we went here. The lassie was stunning who was serving us and I said a line from the movie and she just stood staring at me, blankly. I said something like "I take it you get that a lot".

She said she had no idea what I mean. I said it's on the film. That film they show all day, everyday.

She's never seen the film. :lol:

17 hours ago, Left Back said:

Any tips on somewhere to get some scran close to the SECC/Hydro on Friday evening?  Somewhere for a pint as well.

Nothing too fancy.  Pub grub would be ideal.  Italian is another favourite.

Strip Joint is excellent but you might struggle to get a booking this close.

38 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I was on a stag do and we went here. The lassie was stunning who was serving us and I said a line from the movie and she just stood staring at me, blankly. I said something like "I take it you get that a lot".

She said she had no idea what I mean. I said it's on the film. That film they show all day, everyday.

Kids these days.

44 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

'Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here'

c

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

A couple of years ago I got chatting to a lovely young lady whose name was remarkably similar to Jerry Maguire. The blank look I got back after excitedly shouting 'SHOW ME THE MONEY!!' still withers me to this day. And having to explain the premise of the character and the film was a similarly excruciating experience.

Kids these days indeed.

7 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

c

A couple of years ago I got chatting to a lovely young lady whose name was remarkably similar to Jerry Maguire. The blank look I got back after excitedly shouting 'SHOW ME THE MONEY!!' still withers me to this day. And having to explain the premise of the character and the film was a similarly excruciating experience.

Kids these days indeed.

IMG_3546.webp

12 hours ago, alta-pete said:

With enough motivation you can train a dug to most simple tasks.

Do you need someone to help you navigate the streets?

Aye, but not by a dug.

9 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

c

Kids these days indeed.

I seldom bother these days. "I'm free, oh dear how sad never mind, stupid boy" etc are not the cultural reference points they once were.

13 hours ago, alta-pete said:

With enough motivation you can train a dug to most simple tasks.

Do you need someone to help you navigate the streets?

A bouncer built like a brick outhouse would be useful for dealing with Edinburgh's Deliveroo tossers who crash red lights and cycle on the pavement. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Kids these days indeed.

Jerry Maguire's probably a good example of a film that young adults will know nothing about. Mysteriously massive in the Nineties, then completely disappeared from the public consciousness. I doubt anyone would remember it at all if it wasn't for the "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" quote.

Thinking about it, even if they're enjoyable at the time, quite a few of Tom Cruise's films are massively forgettable.

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

c

Kids these days indeed.

Star Wars Flirting GIF

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I'd love it if her name was Donna and the line was what I immediately think of whenever anyone mentions the film. 

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You take that back. Right now.

Seriously, I'm just flicking through his back catalogue - I've seen a fair number of his films, enjoyed most, but I'm still struggling to remember anything much that happened in them.