Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

What do you make of this mate, so bloody un-Australian. Not just Fosters but Fosters Shandy!

Helpful they put all the shit beer together like that though 

4 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I think Jorts might be a yank thing. I’ve never heard anyone say it out loud either but there’s a local brewery does a hazy called Juice Pants and then did one with a slightly different hop bill called Juice Jorts. 

Common reference here in Tejas...jorts, that is.

14 minutes ago, just me 2 said:

Is it worse to have to much oil or not enough in a car engine?

Too much is worse, depending on how much "too much"/"not enough" it is. Ideally you have the oil measuring 3/4 of the way up your dipstick.

Depending on your engine you could still have 2-3 litres of oil in your car even if its not showing up on the dipstick as the dipstick only measures a litre, so if you're a litre short it wont show, if that makes sense?

Too much tends to put pressure on oil seals, and far too much carries a risk of running bearings etc., while too low carries obvious risks of wear too.

Worth using this site to double check if youre planning on guessing how much to put in an empty engine - https://www.castrol.com/en_gb/united-kingdom/home/car-engine-oil-and-fluids/motor-oil-and-fluids-finder.html

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Too much is worse, depending on how much "too much"/"not enough" it is. Ideally you have the oil measuring 3/4 of the way up your dipstick.

Depending on your engine you could still have 2-3 litres of oil in your car even if its not showing up on the dipstick as the dipstick only measures a litre, so if you're a litre short it wont show, if that makes sense?

Too much tends to put pressure on oil seals, and far too much carries a risk of running bearings etc., while too low carries obvious risks of wear too.

Worth using this site to double check if youre planning on guessing how much to put in an empty engine - https://www.castrol.com/en_gb/united-kingdom/home/car-engine-oil-and-fluids/motor-oil-and-fluids-finder.html

Posts like this restore my faith in humanity................just a little bit though.......😍

On 12/07/2024 at 11:23, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

sacrificial anode

Blew Anal c**t off the stage at the Milwaukee Metalfest in 1994.

On 12/07/2024 at 14:21, Swarley said:

Prepare to have your mind blown but no one in Australia drinks Fosters. I don't think I've ever seen it on sale anywhere. Its why that tv advert for Fosters Shandy is an international incident waiting to happen. I've also never heard anyone in Australia refer to denim shorts as Jorts.

I just heard a podcast featuring an Aussie who said that Fosters is pretty hard to find because nobody buys it, other than tourists. He also said that Castlemaine XXXX is easier to find, but mainly drank by wanky hipsters in (I think) Melbourne, so maybe it's the antipodean Pabst Blue Ribbon?

49 minutes ago, mathematics said:

How the f**k can I make the Score columns a filter in my pivot table? @MSU ?

image.thumb.png.e1d3154753c1b080480d5c3876c17759.png

As a budding programmer, may I refer you to ChatGPT, dear sir  :whistle

Also, I'm pretty sure that rating ethnicities by blood type is how the Nazis got started. On top of that, black and white I can see, orange...well, if we're including the permatanned...but blue?  :huh:

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I just heard a podcast featuring an Aussie who said that Fosters is pretty hard to find because nobody buys it, other than tourists. He also said that Castlemaine XXXX is easier to find, but mainly drank by wanky hipsters in (I think) Melbourne, so maybe it's the antipodean Pabst Blue Ribbon?

Also, I'm pretty sure that rating ethnicities by blood type is how the Nazis got started. On top of that, black and white I can see, orange...well, if we're including the permatanned...but blue?  :huh:

Haven't read back but I'm assuming it's blood groups. 

Scotland is predominately O.  Given how shite our summers are, we must be the blue group.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Had a case last month where the student's ChatGPT answer included "let's use Python to answer this".

In the hearing, on teams, he was asked what Python was. I shit you not, on screen he picked up the phone and started typing. Clueless.

He probably saw a lot of snake images that day (kenneth.gif).

21 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That was just made up categories so that you didn’t know what I was really up to (categories were sexual kinks and the scores were my pleasure rating  for each mistress).

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Had a case last month where the student's ChatGPT answer included "let's use Python to answer this".

In the hearing, on teams, he was asked what Python was. I shit you not, on screen he picked up the phone and started typing. Clueless.

He probably saw a lot of snake images that day (kenneth.gif).

Considering what an incredible tool AI is for software developers, it's infuriating to see people just sloppily copypasting answers when with only a little more effort it can point you in the right direction for even complex problems. I'm guessing your student left his whole assessment to the night before and figured it was worth lazily rolling the dice  :P

I know opinion's divided on this at the moment, but it really feels like most coders won't be needed for a whole lot longer. Great for humanity (possibly), not so great for old men who've retrained in it  :(

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

That was just made up categories so that you didn’t know what I was really up to (categories were sexual kinks and the scores were my pleasure rating  for each mistress).

You're missing out the part where they're all the victims your missus keeps trapped in the basement  :shutup

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

Haven't read back but I'm assuming it's blood groups. 

Scotland is predominately O.  Given how shite our summers are, we must be the blue group.

I don't know how true this is but supposedly O is predominantly Celtic and A is predominantly Anglo-Saxon. 

I'm B myself which is predominantly Scandanavian:

hagarthehorrible.jpg.8f49d80fa648eaa9282534e73be8344b.jpg

18 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I don't know how true this is but supposedly O is predominantly Celtic and A is predominantly Anglo-Saxon. 

I'm B myself which is predominantly Scandanavian:

hagarthehorrible.jpg.8f49d80fa648eaa9282534e73be8344b.jpg

B is mainly Pakistan and Bangladesh.  Scandinavia is predominantly A.

Awkward questions tomorrow over breakfast. 

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Most-Common-Blood-Types-by-Country.html

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

B is mainly Pakistan and Bangladesh.  Scandinavia is predominantly A.

Awkward questions tomorrow over breakfast. 

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Most-Common-Blood-Types-by-Country.html

I must be the most peely wally chap from the subcontinent ever! Don't let Farage find out..