The New Raith Rovers Thread

He certainly doesn't look hopeless now. He's one of the leagues top scorers.

If we were looking at Peterhead players, I would rather we were looking at McAlister than Sutherland..?

But I agree that we should maybe look at lower league players though

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

We've signed many a journeyman through the years and the majority of them have failed. So it's time we looked out for the unknown talent from the lower leagues. The Arabs are a blueprint for finding quality. Do we even have scouts At the club?

If we were looking at Peterhead players, I would rather we were looking at McAlister than Sutherland..?

McAllister would be far too expensive and wants to remain part time. So that's out the window. And fair play to him for his loyalty to Peterhead. There is quality and we need people at other games trying to find that. Sutherland is quality and I think he would jump at the chance at full time football. And no I'm not his dad lol.

I think Ray should be looking at the lower leagues next season. Dundee Utd were famous for finding talent from these divisions. I think if Peterhead don't get promoted, we should be looking at Sutherland. I brought this up a while back and was basically laughed at. But yet he's banging in the goals.

If these keep going as they are Ray will be definitely be looking at the lower leagues - for his next job

I think Ray should be looking at the lower leagues next season. Dundee Utd were famous for finding talent from these divisions. I think if Peterhead don't get promoted, we should be looking at Sutherland. I brought this up a while back and was basically laughed at. But yet he's banging in the goals.

I don't disagree. Peterhead have another player on 10 goals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-league-one/top-scorers

Spency boy is on 14 at Cowdengelly. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Get him back! I've even got a song for him. "Spency; Spency, Spency, Nandos!" Repeat until opposition fans are sick of the constant drone.

I notice ex-Rover, Craig Malcolm is on 9 at Stranraer.

Edited by Scary Bear

I don't disagree. Peterhead have another player on 10 goals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-league-one/top-scorers

I notice ex-Rover, Craig Malcolm is on 9 at Stranraer.

This is another reason the lower leagues are ripe for plunder. No offence to Stranraer, but if Malcolm has scored 9 goals for a poor team that has to be looked at. Only saying poor because they've kind of struggled this season.

Fantastic turnout for Ally's funeral and a very fitting service. Whole first team squad were there as well as many former players. Dalziel, Hissy, Shaun Dennis, Grant Murray, Mcglynn just to name a few.

Sad day, but fitting

Hibs and Hearts have both offered contracts to our 17-year-old defender Sean Mackie, according to the Evening News and Forth.

Can't remember him featuring in any first-team squads. Hopefully we get some compo for him.

Meant to be the next up and coming big thing at us.. Was kind of looking forward to seeing him for us though..

He's been on the bench a lot and came on late at home to Alloa early in the season.

Always a shame to see us lose a young player to a bigger club without him playing for us much. Has anything ever come of the few who went to Hearts over the past couple of years? I can't remember their names or I'd check.

Hopefully we get some decent compensation but I'm not sure how the authorities will rule the Fife Academy in that regard...

Mackies under contract until 2017 so there'd be a fee involved which is a positive. Would be a shame to see such a young prospect poached after how we've started bringing players through our first team like Vaughan, Callaghan, Matthews and Bates. Guess Fife academy will be due too. Goes to show it's a potentially good set up.

Going by our past dealings with Hearts there'll probably be no fee involved and we'll get a pre-season friendly with them instead.

The academy is a potentially good set up but not if we're losing players before even getting the benefit of them being in the first team.

I've also got this awful feeling the Vaughan will be off in the summer.

I've also got this awful feeling the Vaughan will be off in the summer.

I have that horrible feeling as well, as I have heard from a few people that a deal has already been offered to him from us yet still no sign of agreement. Would be a really poor show on his part if he was to leave us though after us sticking by him all season. I would like to think he's going to show a bit of loyalty to us now. Until the deals been signed though, I've got that slight feeling, he'll be away.

Maybe yon Hibs boy can give us an update. He seems quite friendly with Vaughan.

I mind the outcry from Brechin fans when Callum Tapping had a bad injury and the club supported him through it with Tapping saying he would sign a new deal with them as a thank you but instead signed for QOS. You could feel the rage seeping through these very forums.