The New Raith Rovers Thread

Let's not rewrite history, Cardle was mostly decent for us in a poor side. A competent lower-level Championship player with the occasional ability to win a match.

His corners were fucking awful, right enough.

He was reasonable, but I would class Connolly miles above him, and even go as far to say Anderson offers more. 

About sums up your knowledge on the subject, as shown on the CVA Jim was owed a reasonable sum of cash, he wrote that off safe in the knowledge that he wouldn't be seeing that again, top boy.

Mastertons running of the club was what brought us to the brink in the first place.

We're a horrible big club lad, do learn.

What was shown on the CVA means not a lot and bears no relevance to what I was talking about

Masterton may well be to blame that brought your club to the brink but he could be seen as your saviour ,by abstaining on the CVA he gave you a club to support

Ex-Directors being completely off the mark? Is that how you describe the mess your club was in? Great stuff, keep it coming m9.

Along with the discriminate actions with another well named person from a club that was dissolved, renamed and won the Championship this season, yes, completely criminal. We've brought the club back from the brink with good, sound DA supporters. So, wind yer neck in. We're coming after yah.

Along with the discriminate actions with another well named person from a club that was dissolved, renamed and won the Championship this season, yes, completely criminal. We've brought the club back from the brink with good, sound DA supporters. So, wind yer neck in. We're coming after yah.

Absolutely terrified.

:lol:

I, for one, am really looking forward to the first derby next season anyway. Should be some game with a decent crowd( possibly a sell out) and a cracking atmosphere.

Doubt it'll be a sell out, probably a similar crowd to the 9.11.09 game.

Most of that is good, yeah, and as far as I can tell from the Pars folk I know it does sound like the club is being run on sounder principles (despite the Joe Cardle deal). My not-learning thing was aimed at the one poster specifically

I'm going to aim it at you to a degree though, unless and until you take some responsibility and stop blaming Masterton.

As soon as the Rovers fans take responsibility for Anelka I might consider taking responsibility for Masterton.

Although there's a 99% chance I won't.

Let's not rewrite history, Cardle was mostly decent for us in a poor side. A competent lower-level Championship player with the occasional ability to win a match.

His corners were fucking awful, right enough.

He looked pretty great for us in the year we won the league, in the right team he's a good higher level championship player, top boy.

It will be interesting to see who they retain for next season. Surely they won't be holding on to dross like Michael Moffat and those defenders they signed from Livingston.

Would hope we hold onto Moffat, incredibly intelligent player. Talbot has always been a solid championship player so I'd imagine we will yes.

Put down Toshney. He's been incredible and a huge reason why we've moved from being 6th/7th place fodder up to 13 points clear in the playoff places. 

Yeah, has to be Toshney. You could make a case for both Benedictus and Mckeown, but the odd red card from Bene, and the occasional slack play from Mckeown would put Toshney in front for me.

As soon as the Rovers fans take responsibility for Anelka I might consider taking responsibility for Masterton.

Point missed. It's not about taking responsibility for Masterton, it's about taking responsibility for Dunfermline Athletic.

Player of the year...probably Toshney but it's close. Bene has been outstanding but as has been said a few red cards maybe means it goes against him. Having said that that's what makes Bene the player he is. 

McKeown is a different player under McKinnon and has come on hugely in the past 18 months. Would be harsh to criticise him really and he must be the only outfield player to play in every league game this season. Solid and dependable...two words I never thought I'd be using to describe him at Christmas time last season.

Cuthbert has been outstanding as well and again you really cannot criticise him. After some of the ridiculous stick he took over last summer I'm delighted for him.

But Toshney has been superb. Has played in 3 different positions, through injury after injury, and puts his body on the line every week. 

Calderon pretty much put it perfectly. 

Our fans slogged away watching the club cut their cloth. We endured brutal signings like Fairbairn, Winter and Kilgannon as we made ends meet. Fortunately, Craig Levein and, more importantly, John McGlynn came in and brought about a bit of professionalism and turned the club into how we are today. 

There's absolutely no comparison about the way Rovers went about our business and our neighbours along the road. We've still got our dignity intact. 

He looked pretty great for us in the year we won the league, in the right team he's a good higher level championship player, top boy.

Would hope we hold onto Moffat, incredibly intelligent player. Talbot has always been a solid championship player so I'd imagine we will yes.

So about 5 years since Cardle last had a good season then?

Guys like Moffat and Talbot wouldn't get a game for any top seven side in the Championship this season, so maybe you will be setting your sights a bit lower next season after all. Good to see.

The appointment of Anelka was met with considerable criticism from the Rovers support btw.

Dunfermline fans lapped up years of overspending whilst belittling those who warned about it.

With the stranglehold Masterton had on the club there really wasn't an alternative tbh. Unless someone had a few million to buy out his 94% stake he wasn't shifting, he fought enough to keep a hold of the club at the end even when it was obvious to everyone he was finished.

Secondly we've just had a Rovers fans pish his frillies because a Pars fans dared to use the word ambition, is it OK to belittle that nonsense?

Point missed. It's not about taking responsibility for Masterton, it's about taking responsibility for Dunfermline Athletic.

Is it aye? The fans done that and then some, the way the fans rallied together and continue to do so is outstanding, nothing but immense pride in our club now.