The New Raith Rovers Thread

Extremely injury prone but when he's fit, he's a really good player. I'd take him on a pay as you play deal. Or at the very most, a 6 month deal until January.

:lol: Folk always say this about injury prone players. No agent will allow his player to sign a PAYP contract, I'll be surprised if there's a single player in Britain on one.

Would not mind tempelton as long as fit. He is an other player with point to prove so hope can take it with us. Spoke to him a few years ago and told him I was a raith fan. The first thing he said to me was oh I was crap when I played there ! So he him self admired he did not have a good spell so another reason he has something to prove.

A lot of McKinnon's sings were players who had points to prove who had been at a higher level although tempeton is older he is better than what we currently have and can score and create. But feel this in the paper has alerted other teams in this division that he will sign for a team in this league who can offer more money.

True. Just appears to me that Locke is unable to attract any signings and is now just desperately looking at random free agents.

:lol:

You must be the biggest wet blanket on these boards.  Every club in the league is looking at free agents and given that most of your squad is signed up already then I doubt he's desperately doing anything.

:lol: Folk always say this about injury prone players. No agent will allow his player to sign a PAYP contract, I'll be surprised if there's a single player in Britain on one.

Mark Gilhaney was famously on PAYP when he first signed with us.  He hadn't made it through a season without injury before coming to us, signed on PAYP and featured in every game.  That could be coincidence mind you but PAYP can happen, however rare.

Is Grant Anderson any good?

He can be decent. Fast, tall and quite a direct runner. Good at winning flick ons and hold up play for a wide player. Scored a few important goals for us over the years, against that his final ball can be quite dodgy and he is very much an old fashioned hit the byline type of winger: works only in a 4-4-2, preferably with a full back prepared to overlap him.

Edited by renton

He can be decent. Fast, tall and quite a direct runner. Good at winning flick ons and hold up play for a wide player. Scored a few important goals for us over the years, against that his final ball can be quite dodgy and he is very much an old fashioned hit the byline type of winger: works only in a 4-4-2, preferably with a full back prepared to overlap him.

Sounds good to me. Was he offered another deal at Rovers?

Sounds good to me. Was he offered another deal at Rovers?

According to Eric Drysdale who felt compelled to clarify that particular sitaution, Locke liked Anderson as a player and would try and offer him something once the other squad places were filled but that he should consider any other offers that came his way. In other words, to Locke, he was nice to have in a perfect world but not nearly a high priority.

Think the way the club have handled Anderson's exit has been poor. Whilst fans moaned about his delivery at times we always worked his socks off and was happy to do anything for the team. Scored some vital goals for us over the past few seasons and deserved to be treated better. I remember his performance away at Hamilton when Dougie Hill had been sent off. Was our only outlet that day and was motm for me, an outstanding performance!

Best of luck Grant! I'd certainly prefer to have you at the club than David F*cking Templeton...

At least we'll always have THAT header against the Hibees.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo