The New Raith Rovers Thread

The Evening Telegraph (a.k.a The Tele) saying Dundee Utd unhappy that we've made the Toshney bids public...not nice when things are made public is it United?

If we get close to £100k take it and run. As much as I think Toshney is fantastic we cannot turn down an offer like that for a player who has only been here one season, we signed on a free and only has a year left on his contract.

The Evening Telegraph (a.k.a The Tele) saying Dundee Utd unhappy that we've made the Toshney bids public...not nice when things are made public is it United?

If we get close to £100k take it and run. As much as I think Toshney is fantastic we cannot turn down an offer like that for a player who has only been here one season, we signed on a free and only has a year left on his contract.

Superb. :lol:

Absolutely scandalous way to behave isn't it, what type of professional football club would do such a thing in this day and age. :rolleyes:

wait a min Toshney is contracted to Raith and if we want to make it public that we are holding out for a decent price for OUR player and communicate this to OUR fans at OUR club then good on the Board. who the fk do Dundee scum think they are.!

Edited by mealsonwheels

wait a min Toshney is contracted to Raith and if we want to make it public that we are holding out for a decent price for OUR player and communicate this to OUR fans at OUR club then good on the Board. who the fk do Dundee scum think they are.!

You mean United, Dundee fans might object to that haha

Absolutely correct. A point the United board can't seem to grasp.

Well said.

Getting anywhere near 100k for tosh would be great for us though. We are well covered in his positions and need a quality striker(s).

Maybe this is McKinnon's of way of making up for leaving us? A gentleman's agreement between him and the board that he'll come back with a ridiculous bid for someone.

Kind of like that thing you do on Football Manager where you take control of another team and buy a reserve player for £100 mill then resign the next day.

Have I missed something here? I don't believe there has been any quote from the club regarding these bids, for all we know the media are lifting stuff that folk are posting online for their news reports. Nae idea why Utd would be getting their knickers in a twist about our club allegedly making the bids public when we haven't.

Have I missed something here? I don't believe there has been any quote from the club regarding these bids, for all we know the media are lifting stuff that folk are posting online for their news reports. Nae idea why Utd would be getting their knickers in a twist about our club allegedly making the bids public when we haven't.

I think it's the fact that he club posted on the OS that Dundee United have had 2 bids rejected.. That seems to be getting on their nerves..

So it's okay for McKinnon to talk to the press about rejecting Stoke's bid for Harry Souttar but it's not okay when we do the same regarding Toshney on the club website?

According to the United board it is anyway....

Maybe we are being our valuation of Toshney on United's valuation of a guy that has barely kicked a ball in senior football.

Edited by Martin Nelson

Maybe this is McKinnon's of way of making up for leaving us? A gentleman's agreement between him and the board that he'll come back with a ridiculous bid for someone.

Kind of like that thing you do on Football Manager where you take control of another team and buy a reserve player for £100 mill then resign the next day.

Should have been £100k for Petrie then.  ;)