The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, Shooboax said:

So tell us a joke neeb

A lion was in its enclosure at the zoo, basking in the sun and licking its bum.
"That's a very docile animal," a visitor remarks to the keeper.
"Not at all" says the keeper, "that lion is the most ferocious beast in the entire zoo. Just one hour ago, the lion grabbed a dirty pars fan, sadistically toyed with him at length and then completely devoured him.
"That's difficult to believe," said the bewildered visitor, "why is he just sitting there ignoring us and licking its arse then?"
"Poor b*****d is trying to get the taste out of his mouth"
replied the keeper

So......... We're getting 2 attacking players in

One will be Skacel and I'm still holding on to the hope that he other is Hardie. Rangers have said he's going out on loan. St Mirren are in for one more player and it's looking likely that it's a CM their after now with Rocco Quinn being injured for a considerable amount of time according to Rae, that with the signing of Shankland yesterday, I don't think Hardie will end up there..

Gary Locke has obviously been in contact with Warburton and Weir recently so he might be the other player..

A pars fan walks into a pub with a pig under his arm.

barman says "where the f**k did you get that?"

pig replies "I won him in a raffle "

how does a pars lass turn the light on after sex?

she opens the car door.

what does a pars lass say after sex?

she says "do you all play for the same team then?"

When having sex What does a pars fan use for protection?

a bus shelter.

Striker we're looking at is from down south

A mate played 5's on Sunday morning there and the team walked past the pitch laughing at some of the football on show from them as they were heading round to the big 7's pitch..

We had 3 black guys training... M'Voto, Osei and another guy that he didn't recognise so could be him then..

Wee and Quick just like Osei though, which isn't what we need now, we have 2 wee, quick strikers in Osei and Stewart, we need someone with a bit of height on them up front.

2 minutes ago, Yoss said:

We're going a bit daft with signings now, that's going to give us something like nine players for the front four positions.

So that gives us strength in depth. What more could we ask for.

18 minutes ago, Yoss said:

We're going a bit daft with signings now, that's going to give us something like nine players for the front four positions.

Gonna be at something like 22 players?

I dunno, it could be because he maybe doesn't fancy some of the left over staff, or he maybe thinks the likes of Osei, at 18, is (like McKinnon intended with Wighton originally) not supposed to be there to start every week - is there as backup first and foremost.

I was under the impression that after the initial 28-day loan last term, Rangers wanted Raith to stump up a fair whack of cash for him to remain here for the rest of the season, something which was eventually straightened out, hence the slight delay on the announcement he was sticking about.

That doesn't mean to say they'd ask for something similar this time around, but if they have, then I suspect we'd be priced out of any move.

Would be great if we could land him, but some boy we've never heard of with an exotic double-barrelled name would be miles better.

Can't figure out where Skacel is going to play, unless we're playing a 4-2-3-1. Even at that, Vaughan would surely be first pick behind any striker, and we'd still be looking for a winger to track back. Can/would a 37 year old Skacel do that?

Key signing is the striker for me. Imperative that he's at least a little different to the ones we have, ideally with a bit of strength/power.

First time in a long time we'll start the season with our squad actually complete. Usually we're still adding a few signings all the way into October.

Can't figure out where Skacel is going to play, unless we're playing a 4-2-3-1. Even at that, Vaughan would surely be first pick behind any striker, and we'd still be looking for a winger to track back. Can/would a 37 year old Skacel do that?

Key signing is the striker for me. Imperative that he's at least a little different to the ones we have, ideally with a bit of strength/power.

First time in a long time we'll start the season with our squad actually complete. Usually we're still adding a few signings all the way into October.

Skacel won't be starting the majority of games, he'll be a player to come on the last 20-30 mins... To replace Vaughan more than likely in a 4-2-3-1

Cuthbert

Thomson M'Voto Bene McHattie

Davo Matthews

Johnston Vaughan Barr

Osei

That's probably our strongest line-up but I don't think Callachan will be dropped

Anyone heard when Craig Barr and Scott Robertson are likely to be back? Both players who could really have done with getting a full pre season behind them.

Depending on how good M'voto is, I think Barr may play more of his games in midfield this year. Apparently he was excellent there for Airdrie.

Also very happy with the depth of the squad, being able to rotate players week to week was a big reason for our strong form at the tail end of last season. I would expect a more settled line up to start the league season but always good to have options.