The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Will Hardie be allowed to sign for you guys?

He played in the Irn Bru cup for Rangers Under 20's whilst on loan for us.

Only 1st team games count in the two clubs rule. I doubt when it was drawn up anyone envisaged u20's playing in a first team competition but it still doesn't count.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

3 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

I saw him a couple of weeks ago at Oriam. Scored a hat trick against Hearts in the youth cup.

Oriam Blog.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

How many strikers will you guys have if you bring in Hardie? Locke seems to have built an enormous squad.

In that scenario, we'd have Mcmanus, Stewart, Skacel, Vaughan, Osei and Hardie. Osei could certainly go out on loan, I imagine one or two others could as well. For a big squad we've got two long term injuries in C.Barr and Robertson - on the plus side C.Barr is coming back now, on the negative side Robertson is probably not going to pull a jersey on for us this season. We're also still carrying 2 keepers due to Lennox and Cuthbert's injuries earlier in the season so that's another body that can be freed up. David Bates is still technically our player but Rangers could well decide to keep him, which frees up a wage. Locke has said he wants to bring Jordan Thompson and Scott Roberts back, but the latter really hasn't shown up that well, so if he didn't come back I doubt anyone would shed a tear.

Edited by renton

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

Locke will also have to make his mind up about Coustrain and there's still a question over why Crawford was signed, albeit on a short term deal.

:lol:

http://www.raithrovers.net/27933/robbin-crawford-released.htm