The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Scosha said:

There's been talk of McManus coming to us in January if you guys get Hardie back. Don't know if it'll happen but I'll be disappointed if it does. 

That would be highly amusing what with McManus snubbing Morton to sign for us initially. Wouldn't blame a few Morton fans being peeved off if this came true.

11 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

How is Locke doing?  You guys happy with him or not?   Certainly seems from the outside looking in that he is doing an ok job.

I was probably one of the most negative people on here and the toys were thrown out the pram by myself to a considerable distance. So far, he's done well. The many worry from myself was that we'd see the usual suspects act with Carrick, Robinson etc signing. Of those types, McHattie has exceeded my expectations, and Chris Johnstone shows glimpses but needs to be more consistent. We've not had any hugely low moments other than losing to St Mirren away and not being aggressive enough when we're against 10 men (we've yet to beat a team on ten men yet). 

High points include getting a respectable draw away to United (who were 2-0 up) and going to Falkirk and scoring 4. When we play like that, we genuinely look like a very solid team. The team needs tweaked in a few places. We need to stop playing dross like Scott Roberts (even signings like Robbie Crawford, who I think appeared only once  before being released). We've got a few young lads like Joel Coustrain who look decent enough. Once we get players like Barr and Thomson up to full fitness, then I'd imagine we'll look a lot more solid. 

TL:DR: Doing better than expected, a few areas we need to improve on. Happy so far. 

15 minutes ago, tigger said:

Have heard Locke has made his mind up about coustrain and a new contract will be signed very soon

That'd be grand. I think Joel has a lot to offer for us going forward. It'd be good to see him and Bobby Barr in the same team as they both look more traditional wingers than we've had in recent years. 

Works hard but couldn't finish his supper rjm.

From what iv been told about osei he looks like he could be a quality player so iv no idea why we haven't seen at least a sub appearance. Roberts is just awful and will be playing jrs in a few seasons. Both Barr and Thomson played against lochee the other night and I'm led to believe Jason was at fault for there goal (it finished 2-1 to us, for anyone that didn't know) if we lost Thompson in January then we have Matthews who can play very well at cm.

Is Robertson not one of the players who's wages are being paid by someone else?

Works hard but couldn't finish his supper rjm.

From what iv been told about osei he looks like he could be a quality player so iv no idea why we haven't seen at least a sub appearance. Roberts is just awful and will be playing jrs in a few seasons. Both Barr and Thomson played against lochee the other night and I'm led to believe Jason was at fault for there goal (it finished 2-1 to us, for anyone that didn't know) if we lost Thompson in January then we have Matthews who can play very well at cm.

Is Robertson not one of the players who's wages are being paid by someone else?

Robertson's wages last season were paid by an external source, as were Panayiotou's.

This season, his wages are paid by the club, but Skacel and McManus' wages are paid by external sources.

Therefore I can't see us getting rid of McManus if we bring in Hardie as getting rid of McManus won't free up a single bit of budget..

I don't mind mcmanus as you need a worker up there to let the rest of the players play. Our problem is we have Stewart who is similar and no other striker who seems to want to put the ball in the net this season.

Was Robertson signed on a 2 year deal at the time?

I don't mind mcmanus as you need a worker up there to let the rest of the players play. Our problem is we have Stewart who is similar and no other striker who seems to want to put the ball in the net this season.

Was Robertson signed on a 2 year deal at the time?

1 yr deal, but he signed a 1 yr extension at the same time as Davo signed his 2 yr extension..