The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I reckon the players that are under contract that will be leaving over the next month or so will be Vaughan and Bobby Barr, possibly Craig Barr as well.

It's a distinct possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I reckon the players that are under contract that will be leaving over the next month or so will be Vaughan and Bobby Barr, possibly Craig Barr as well.

Bobby Barr and Mark Stewart are both Glasgow based, so neither of them would surprise me....

Bobby Barr and Mark Stewart are both Glasgow based, so neither of them would surprise me....

The only thing about both players, who would go for them? Queens are the only team I can see opting for either player in the league above that they may leave us for. They were apparently interested in Mark Stewart in January before he signed the extension. Morton won't touch Barr again I don't think. Neither player would leave us for Dumbarton. Livi are the only other side I can see being interested in these players..

Players were informed of the club’s intention to remain full-time in League One, however, they have also been told that their wages will be cut, in some cases by as much as 25 per cent.

Read more at: http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/raith-players-weigh-up-future-amid-wage-cuts-as-boss-hunt-begins-1-4449798

I would imagine, rather than being told, there would have been a specified % reduction in wages in the event of relegation.... which they would have known when they signed their contracts.

Unless in those contracts they never had relegation clauses that reduce wages.

12 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The only thing about both players, who would go for them? Queens are the only team I can see opting for either player in the league above that they may leave us for. They were apparently interested in Mark Stewart in January before he signed the extension. Morton won't touch Barr again I don't think. Neither player would leave us for Dumbarton. Livi are the only other side I can see being interested in these players..

Is it true that Bobby Barr would be on roughly £750 a week at Raith? I'd heard we couldn't even match Raith's offer for him last season as the wages were much higher than we paid.

37 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Today's FFP

According to Chairman Young: "However, there are a core of players who accept that they have created the problem and who want to do everything they possibly can to resolve it."

What a fuckin ridiculous statement from the arrogant c**t. None of this would have happened if they hadn't appointed Locke.

Hes correct to an extent. Nothing that happened post Feb can really be blamed on Locke. Attitude of the players was horrendous. Not helped by John Hughes trying to put the various fires out with petrol though.

Is it true that Bobby Barr would be on roughly £750 a week at Raith? I'd heard we couldn't even match Raith's offer for him last season as the wages were much higher than we paid.

I have absolutely no idea what any player is on at the club but I'd hope it's no where near £750 a week for Barr. We've only had the decent Barr for about 2 months of the season towards the start.

39 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

I would imagine, rather than being told, there would have been a specified % reduction in wages in the event of relegation.... which they would have known when they signed their contracts.

I would actually be shocked if we had shown that much foresight when dishing out these contracts. After all, the board "weren't planning on being relegated".

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hibs didn't want either Brewster or Crawford. One of the best strike partnerships Dunfermline has ever had.

Jamie Mole is one of the worst players to have ever put on a Dunfermline shirt. Genuinely hopeless.

That's not how I recall it. Crawford perhaps, but Hibs wanted to keep Brewster, Pars offered him more money.

Today's FFP
According to Chairman Young: "However, there are a core of players who accept that they have created the problem and who want to do everything they possibly can to resolve it."
What a fuckin ridiculous statement from the arrogant c**t. None of this would have happened if they hadn't appointed Locke.

I think the blame game has to be stopped at some point, the board have admitted to their failings and also stated that they are still running the club. There's plenty of reasons we went down but where will that kind of attitude get us? Do you think angry fans blaming the board for everything and criticising their every move will attract players to the club or make players think about staying?

It is still raw but it'll be a hell of a long summer and possibly season next year if all we do is moan at every decision the club make. Since Saturday the Chairman has accepted the blame for some of the decisions and Thomson has apologised for what was on the park. Let's just get over it and move forward instead of always being so negative.

16 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hibs didn't want either Brewster or Crawford. One of the best strike partnerships Dunfermline has ever had.

Jamie Mole is one of the worst players to have ever put on a Dunfermline shirt. Genuinely hopeless.

Again, rubbish.  Hibs offered Brewster a new deal only to be bettered by Dunfermline. 

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

I think the blame game has to be stopped at some point, the board have admitted to their failings and also stated that they are still running the club. There's plenty of reasons we went down but where will that kind of attitude get us? Do you think angry fans blaming the board for everything and criticising their every move will attract players to the club or make players think about staying?

It is still raw but it'll be a hell of a long summer and possibly season next year if all we do is moan at every decision the club make. Since Saturday the Chairman has accepted the blame for some of the decisions and Thomson has apologised for what was on the park. Let's just get over it and move forward instead of always being so negative.

So you just ignore the massive mistakes made because someone said sorry?  Personally if it was my club I would say actions speak louder than words. 

Show me the quotes of where Young has actually accepted any of the blame?

He always had an answer to back up any of the pathetic decisions that him and Drysdale have either accepted from Locke or thought up themselves.

That is not accepting blame.

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Well said. I'm actually quite excited for next season. 

Some new faces and getting rid of the dross (Skacel, Roberts, etc.) should perk some folk up. 

Edited by Sheevedaw

Some half decent players heading out of East End. Fordyce and The Mighty BRE may not have cut it in the Championship but they'd be a superb centre back pairing for a team with aspirations to win League One.

So you just ignore the massive mistakes made because someone said sorry?  Personally if it was my club I would say actions speak louder than words. 

What actions would you suggest? Sack all the board and get all the others that are desperate to give up their time and money to take shite off everyone when things go bad?

They fucked up, we know this, they know this and everyone's paying the price. They've got a chance to get it right this time round and I'm pretty sure they all know the importance of learning from the shambles of last season.

And with regards to your club, when you guys fell like a stone from mid table to the championship after sacking a manager and appointing a dud as his replacement, what were the actions taken at the top table? Did you get rid of the Chairman or other members of the board?

Show me the quotes of where Young has actually accepted any of the blame?

He always had an answer to back up any of the pathetic decisions that him and Drysdale have either accepted from Locke or thought up themselves.

That is not accepting blame.

The whole interview was an acceptance of the catastrophe of last season! Do you want to see the Chairman and board begging for forgiveness? He came out and said, we got it wrong and we will make sure we do everything we can to get it right. There's not much else they can do? It was good enough for him to stand up and give us reasoning and answers to what happened this season. People seem to have been expecting some kind of public execution video.

Moaning about everything the board do from now until they are either hounded out or leave the club will not be proactive. And until there's a better alternative, these are the guys we are stuck with.

35 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Hes correct to an extent. Nothing that happened post Feb can really be blamed on Locke. Attitude of the players was horrendous. Not helped by John Hughes trying to put the various fires out with petrol though.

But the root of the problem wasn't February. It was May 2016.

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

But the root of the problem wasn't February. It was May 2016.

When Hughes came in the bare minimum he should have achieved was keep us where we were (which was about 7th if I remember right)