The New Raith Rovers Thread

All teams in Scotland have potential to attract more supporters from their local area! However, if people from Kirkcaldy and Levenmouth would rather support a team from Glasgow called The Rangers formed in 2012 then it doesn't bode well for local sides like ours. Sad but very true. #supportyerlocalteam

All teams in Scotland have potential to attract more supporters from their local area! However, if people from Kirkcaldy and Levenmouth would rather support a team from Glasgow called The Rangers formed in 2012 then it doesn't bode well for local sides like ours. Sad but very true. #supportyerlocalteam

Never been able to understand the Celtic/Rangers thing.

Glenrothes is a cesspit. I'm always initially amazed at how many people from Kirkcaldy haven't been to Glenrothes, but then quickly remember why that's the case. Rovers get almost zero support from Glenrothes because it's rammed full of brain dead Rangers fans. An absolute shite hole with no redeeming features.

Glenrothes is a cesspit. I'm always initially amazed at how many people from Kirkcaldy haven't been to Glenrothes, but then quickly remember why that's the case. Rovers get almost zero support from Glenrothes because it's rammed full of brain dead Rangers fans. An absolute shite hole with no redeeming features.

Someone from Glenrothes forget to buy you a pint or something?

That's not really true though, is it?

As a Rovers fan from Glenrothes, I can say there are plenty of Rovers fans who go to games from Glenrothes

You say that the Rovers get almost zero support from Glenrothes.

The Rovers get a core support of roughly 1500 which in a town of just over 50,000 of a population technically means the Rovers get almost zero support from Kirkcaldy as well.

Carry on though. :lol:

40 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That's your opinion, but the fact still remains its a town of around 40,000 people who have no senior football team within the town....and it's on our doorstep. 

Personally I couldn'y care less whether they are half weegie brain dead zomies or not as long as Rovers benefitted. I'd even be happy if only a 1/4 of them decided to turn up and sit and grunt for half the season if it meant another few hundred on the gate at SP.

2 hours ago, Wee Jockie said:

Kirkcaldy myopia. Glenrothes..you assume is linoland?sevco without any justification.
Your black and gold nightmare starts today.
Arrogance in linoland

Unlike your own Black & Gold nightmare which has been going on for years.

Rather have some arrogance than plain ignorance.

Glenrothes may be 1/2 a mile closer to New Bayview than Starks but only a truly myopic Fifer would wish to sit and watch football in Methil.

I am going to sit you right down on the ground, guy

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I was born and raised in Kirkcaldy,as was my wife, and sometimes when I walk through the High Street I grimace at how my home town has declined over the years, shop closures, beggars on the streets, etc, etc.

However, perhaps you should enlighten us to which part of Kirkcaldy you actually come from, eg. Links, Smeaton, T'hall .

I am sure many will be interested to know in order to make their comparisons with your derogatory comments about Glenrothes8)

Oh BTW, I have supported Raith since 1957.

Edited by Wee Sandy

Glenrothes may be 1/2 a mile closer to New Bayview than Starks but only a truly myopic Fifer would wish to sit and watch football in Methil.

Add ignorance to arrogance. In missionary mode i invite you to an away day with Fife's finest. Substantial Glenrothes bus pick ups!
Kirkcaldy... on the outskirts of Methil

58 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Totally agree. I have been to New Bayview four or five times....an 800 seater(?) wind tunnel.

Yeah we in Glenrothes are geographically closer.......no fitba' wise....;).end of!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

I was born and raised in Kirkcaldy,as was my wife, and sometimes when I walk through the High Street I grimace at how my home town has declined over the years, shop closures, beggars on the streets, etc, etc.
However, perhaps you should enlighten us to which part of Kirkcaldy you actually come from, eg. Links, Smeaton, T'hall .
I am sure many will be interested to know in order to make their comparisons with your derogatory comments about Glenrothes8). 
Oh BTW, I have supported Raith since 1957.

I work in Glenrothes, and it is a cowp. It's full of disaffected Glaswegians. And unfortunately don't give a damn about RRFC.

Add ignorance to arrogance. In missionary mode i invite you to an away day with Fife's finest. Substantial Glenrothes bus pick ups!
Kirkcaldy... on the outskirts of Methil

Irrelevant drivel, sit doon