The New Raith Rovers Thread

Murray had lost the fans and according to reports had absolutely lost the dressing room.  That's probably why Malpas was brought in, to try and get some kind of authority.

Murray had to go, it's the disastrous appointments following Mckinnon that has us where we are.

On reflection is wasn't all bad with Grant Murray. We managed to win the challenge cup , win a Scottish Cup game at Ibrox and more importantly were never relegated. A lot better than has happened over the last 2 seasons.

Murray was sacked because we were going nowhere under him. 

I must've said this about 100 times on here now, but the Ramsdens Cup win saved his job - we won 3 of our last 20 matches in the league that season and were damn near in the relegation play-offs. 

The following season we started very well and then it all went shit; a common theme for us in the Championship. We were hopeless until about Christmas, only to have a small resurgence in form. After that it all went to shit again and he was eventually sacked. 

The damage with the fans was done in the 3 wins in 20 period - that was totally unacceptable and he never really recovered from it. 

Edited by Michael W

Speaking of Paco, last time I heard he was managing Las Palmas on an interim basis. What happened there?

Took 2-3 games before the next manager came in, got a win in there if I recall but Las Palmas are going down.

Oh dear.....message to me from Ding Dang Doo...........Has to resort to bullying a schoolboy.. ....
Would you call me a wee keyboard warrior to my face? Don't fucking start things you ain't going to win wee boy.

Try a screen shot. That just looks like you've typed as the link doesn't work.

Oh dear.....message to me from Ding Dang Doo...........Has to resort to bullying a schoolboy.. ....
Would you call me a wee keyboard warrior to my face? Don't fucking start things you ain't going to win wee boy.

Try a screen shot. That just looks like you've typed as the link doesn't work.

On reflection is wasn't all bad with Grant Murray. We managed to win the challenge cup , win a Scottish Cup game at Ibrox and more importantly were never relegated. A lot better than has happened over the last 2 seasons.

Murray took over a team in the lower reaches of the Championship and left a team in the lower reaches of the Championship. He achieved nothing in the league, we were consistently much closer to relegation than the top half of the table and he was saved by virtue of relatively weak opposition. The league we were relegated from was much stronger than the one Murray managed in - Cowdenbeath, Alloa, Dumbarton, admin Livi, admin Pars, that horrific Morton team, etc.

It may well have been better than the past two seasons, but let’s not forget it was Ray McKinnon who replaced Murray, and we finished fourth the next season and showed clear progress on the park.

No real hard feelings to Murray but let’s not rewrite history. He was ‘fine’, but things were dull. Now they’re just depressing.

Yeah we went on a few really horrendous runs under Murray. We were treading water during his tenure and I was worried if we stuck by him we would have gone down eventually.

Yeah we went on a few really horrendous runs under Murray. We were treading water during his tenure and I was worried if we stuck by him we would have gone down eventually.

Total conjecture but I would guess he would've relegated us the season McKinnon had us in the promotion play offs.

This has potential.

6 hours ago, basher brash said:

Right from day one Barry Smiths appointment was very underwhelming and very unpopular within the vast majority of the Rovers support.

Not true. If you can be bothered trawling back to last June you'll actually find that most of you were fairly satisfied with the appointment of Smith.

Not true. If you can be bothered trawling back to last June you'll actually find that most of you were fairly satisfied with the appointment of Smith.

In fairness stevo its probably more a case of he was the best out of a poor bunch. Better Smith than young for example.

Ding Dang Doo has had a belter of a weekend, what a "pathetic human"!!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Hope he's being kept away from any sharp objects and warm baths!!!

Smug is a word that springs to mind as well Stevo, there was a lot of guys on here well pleased with themselves after they pinched our manager mid contract with zero compo, hell mend them!!![emoji1]

9 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

The vast majority of fans don’t post on here, so I ain’t trawling back to prove a point. I’m a season ticket holder and go home and away I work in a large organisation in which I’m surrounded by many Rovers fans you Stevo are an East Fife fan who base your opinion on reading comments from about 20 rovers fans that post regular on this forum so you don’t know what your talking about.

Since yourself and King Kebab are obsessed with everything Raith Rovers I actually might be wrong with the above as you appear to know more about Raith Rovers than actual Rovers fans.