The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Agreed. I remember there was an interview in the red tops with the family of an ex-soldier saying it might have triggered off PTSD or something. They of course to neglect that there were a fair number of people in our end singing "Sammy is a paedo". We need more antics from mascots tbh. It's one of the things which distinguished us out in the past. You always hear people talk about stuff like the Paisley Panda escapades. I absolutely love the petty stuff between clubs. Like how in our 95/96 season our programme editor adding "not playing in Europe" under every Pars player for the derby. 

I touted making a big novelty knife and fork (cardboard covered with tinfoil) and chasing the opposition up to the away end when they came out the tunnel when I was having a wee turn in the costume. 

Got vetoed as it might scare the kids. 

I'd have loved stuff like that when I was a young supporter. 

7 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Raithie the Rovers fan was Billy Thomson who I hope is keeping well  a good lad and a fine amateur footballer. He played in the same team as John Rowbotham the Italian lookalike ref.

Rowbotham was from Kirkcaldy; he gave us a penalty at Brockville when we beat Falkirk. Aye, a  Pierluigi Collina lookalike.

Agreed. I remember there was an interview in the red tops with the family of an ex-soldier saying it might have triggered off PTSD or something. They of course to neglect that there were a fair number of people in our end singing "Sammy is a paedo". We need more antics from mascots tbh. It's one of the things which distinguished us out in the past. You always hear people talk about stuff like the Paisley Panda escapades. I absolutely love the petty stuff between clubs. Like how in our 95/96 season our programme editor adding "not playing in Europe" under every Pars player for the derby. 
Some boy, that programme editor.

4 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

He was a sales rep. - he came to my work a couple of times and had an interesting chat with him, nice bloke.

My brother did his work experience with him at school. As a sale rep obviously. Don't think it'd be too great to shadow a referee in an SPFL game...

48 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Raithie the Rovers fan was Billy Thomson who I hope is keeping well  a good lad and a fine amateur footballer. He played in the same team as John Rowbotham the Italian lookalike ref.

Seen same boy getting lifted at Parkhead for being steam boats. He wasn't really doing anything wrong but got put in the cells and plod let him out after last train out of Glasgow had left. Our bus stopped by the police station after the game asking if he could be let out and put on our bus, plod refused. 

So it goes to the last game. Hearts seem to have finally got going so hard to see us getting anything out of that. Looks like it’s up to Queen of the South finding a win or taking a point against Dundee (provided we don’t get humped by Hearts). Starting to feel like it will be us against the Pars in the quarter final. Christ knows how that will go if it is. 

6 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

Both sky sports and flash scores have us 1 point ahead of Dundee. It's definitely 2 isn't it?

1 point according to the BBC website too. I thought it was 2 points. Looking at that it’s definitely 1.

CC92C525-9A53-4D51-A63F-7BA384D449C8.png

Edited by Scary Bear