The New Raith Rovers Thread

If the gaffer goes, what options do we have to be honest?? Jack ross would be good, but I'd expect he'd demand a decent Wedge though. On the other hand, if he is seeking employment,  he might just to take what he can get to start with...

If the gaffer goes, what options do we have to be honest?? Jack ross would be good, but I'd expect he'd demand a decent Wedge though. On the other hand, if he is seeking employment,  he might just to take what he can get to start with...
Depends how many clubs part ways with their managers. If it happens, we won't be the only ones.

12 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Only manager I can think of who doesn't make me recoil in horror is Craig Levein.  Not sure how achievable that is.

I'd have taken him at Dunfermline, think he'd be a very good appointment. 

So hopefully you avoid him and appoint Barry Smiths brother or something. 

6 hours ago, Enigma said:

It’s a shame as there’s a player there and he seems a top guy to boot.

Big, athletic handsome centre back. 

Not a dig, but losing him, Vaughan and Berra is almost to be expected surely? As harsh as it may be but Vaughan having three knee injuries, playing the way he does (dynamic, twists and turns) I can't see him getting a run of games unless he changes his style. 

Berra is only getting older and will take longer to come back, and as mentioned Lang was permanently injured at us. 

Losing Spencer and Gullan is one of those, they'll happen through a season, but the other three are always risky. You want a bit more strength in depth to help with them, spunking so much of the budget on Goodwillie won't have helped thst. 

59 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not a dig, but losing him, Vaughan and Berra is almost to be expected surely? As harsh as it may be but Vaughan having three knee injuries, playing the way he does (dynamic, twists and turns) I can't see him getting a run of games unless he changes his style. 

He's on four ACL injuries now, two for each knee.  Given how poorly both his knees hold up I don't think changing his style is going to make much difference unless he's just going to stand in the middle of the park and never move.   

20 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I've thought a few times that Colin Smart is probably the only individual that has the money to buy out Sim. 

Colin Smart is good friends with John Sim, not sure he will be at Raith to buy the club, but to be honest I can see him on the board this summer and also I previously heard that not only was going to be shirt sponsor but also away stand sponsor. It's nice to see a family with several mil in the bank connected to Raith. 

Depends what his investment will be over time bit I think this will more then make up for Val going elsewhere.

20 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

I foresee massive budget cuts unfortunately, major sponsors leaving us high and dry over the most  blatantly stupid signing ever. 

58 minutes ago, renton said:

So that's the Dean Park Hotel confirmed as home shirt sponsor for next year then...

One less thing to worry about at least. 

15 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Colin Smart is good friends with John Sim, not sure he will be at Raith to buy the club, but to be honest I can see him on the board this summer and also I previously heard that not only was going to be shirt sponsor but also away stand sponsor. It's nice to see a family with several mil in the bank connected to Raith. 

Depends what his investment will be over time bit I think this will more then make up for Val going elsewhere.

Not suggesting he would, just that when the "who has the money" type conversations have popped up before, he's the only one I could think of. 

Pretty sure Val McDermid said during the fallout that her stand sponsorship had a couple of years to run yet, so perhaps the replacement is ready in waiting. Time yet for away fans to be housed in the Dean Park Hotel North Stand. 

One problem gone at least.

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Not suggesting he would, just that when the "who has the money" type conversations have popped up before, he's the only one I could think of. 

Pretty sure Val McDermid said during the fallout that her stand sponsorship had a couple of years to run yet, so perhaps the replacement is ready in waiting. Time yet for away fans to be housed in the Dean Park Hotel North Stand. 

One problem gone at least.

Sold the care home for 40 million, spending a few million on the Dean Park with a new spa about to start. That will leave him with still over 30 million hopefully burning a hole in his pocket.

Aye, means a more hands on chairman, and possibly reduces the need for a CEO to act in the owner's steed.

On the other hand he obviously voted in favour of the Goodwillie transfer.

On balance it's the best we were going to get. We were unlikely to get someone from outside the club, or someone who was likely to deviate too much from Sim's vision for the club, but means we get someone who can do the job day to day and possibly allow us to bin McCartney.

Well, the owner isn't the chairman anymore, so that's something, and it's not his direct proxy Sinton either. 

It's far from ideal that the new chairman voted for the Goodwillie deal, but I don't think there was any realistic possibility of a brand new outsider coming in directly to the chairmanship, so this is probably about as good as could be expected. 

And at the risk of repeating myself for the 400th time, what should really follow now is a sit down with the new chairman where he offers a full apology, an explanation of how things went so badly wrong, and what he's doing to make sure it never happens again.