The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

About to watch Regan Hendry v Keiron Bowie in Tranmere v Northampton.

Louis Appere, who played for our reserves before signing for Dundee United, is also playing. 

Kane Hemmings is another familiar face. 

Spoke to Bene when he was down the town with Davo. He said pars offered 2 year deal Rovers 1. Money he described as "life changing" with a family to support. 

Not believing for a moment Pars are stupid enough to be paying 100k per year. More that it's maybe £1000--£2000 extra a month (pure guesswork) 

More concerned he is now their recruitment agent with any selection of 3 Rovers joining him. 

Sad that McDonald's leaving, want to keep Connolly but you can't judge departures till you know the signings. 

We've got a greater internal skillset now within the club than recent years so let's not panic.

Edited by The Tiel Burn

8 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Spoke to Bene when he was down the town with Davo. He said pars offered 2 year deal Rovers 1. Money he described as "life changing" with a family to support. 

Not believing for a moment Pars are stupid enough to be paying 100k per year. More that it's maybe £1000--£2000 extra a month (pure guesswork) 

More concerned he is now their recruitment agent with any selection of 3 Rovers joining him. 

Sad that McDonald's leaving, want to keep Connolly but you can't judge departures till you know the signings. 

We've got a greater internal skillset now within the club than recent years so let's not panic.

Can't judge departures until they actually depart. All else is speculation and rumour.

On 06/05/2023 at 10:00, Langtounlaud said:

Both drummers ended up right beside me 🙄

Don't mind them when they're up the back, but not right in my ear.

The stewards should have made them sit in the hundreds of empty seats at the front, not allowing them to stand and block the view of the game as well as the stairs to the concourse. They were saying that folk up the back weren't allowing them back up.

Enjoyed the game though and looking forward to next season. COYR

Well wee bro, that's the reason our 4 season tickets are being moved next season.  Seek of their carryon.  As someone else mentioned, up and down all the game when they canny sit still.  Chucking coins and sweets at their own fans and generally being a nuisance winding up the stewards etc.  We are moving to the railway side quite near the front.  

2 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Well wee bro, that's the reason our 4 season tickets are being moved next season.  Seek of their carryon.  As someone else mentioned, up and down all the game when they canny sit still.  Chucking coins and sweets at their own fans and generally being a nuisance winding up the stewards etc.  We are moving to the railway side quite near the front.  

I'd move the wee bar stewards to the main stand just behind the directors' box.

Could the ‘young team’ not be given the section of the railway stand that is open? Would allow them to have their own space to grow and do whatever displays they wish and enjoy themselves (within reason) knowing that anyone around them is there for the same reasons, similar to what the Pars have done with their fans in the NW stand?

I know that would be quite far from the rest of the home support so wouldn’t help improve the atmosphere in the South Stand but might be something worth trying. 

37 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Well let’s hope it’s not Connolly or Spencer because I would hate seeing both in a pars strip against us next season 

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Could the ‘young team’ not be given the section of the railway stand that is open? Would allow them to have their own space to grow and do whatever displays they wish and enjoy themselves (within reason) knowing that anyone around them is there for the same reasons, similar to what the Pars have done with their fans in the NW stand?

I know that would be quite far from the rest of the home support so wouldn’t help improve the atmosphere in the South Stand but might be something worth trying. 

Closer to the away support with a big intention on winding folk up and creating a nuisance? From the outside looking in, I cant see it.

1 hour ago, bagpuss said:

About to watch Regan Hendry v Keiron Bowie in Tranmere v Northampton.

Hendry still a class act, I think he's been decent but with little support from his team. Its good to see that our league can develop players capable of playing down South. 

Just out of interest between Hendry and Bowie who did Rovers fans a) rate higher in their time at the Rovers and b) think would be the better long term player after moving to England.

Logan Chalmers on the bench for Tranmere too. Would've loved to have kept him in January but it wasn't to be.

Edited by BukyOHare

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Hendry still a class act, I think he's been decent but with little support from his team. Its good to see that our league can develop players capable of playing down South. 

Just out of interest between Hendry and Bowie who did Rovers fans a) rate higher in their time at the Rovers and b) think would be the better long term player after moving to England.

Logan Chalmers on the bench for Tranmere too. Would've loved to have kept him in January but it wasn't to be.

Hendry,  and Hendry.  He should never have been playing at this level, let alone when we were in League 1.

16 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Already being considered for next season by the club. 

13 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Closer to the away support with a big intention on winding folk up and creating a nuisance? From the outside looking in, I cant see it.

Yeah it’s a fair point. I still think it’s doable, there are grounds where home and away fans are closer than that. Could even shut off the two sections of the North Stand closest to that section if we were overly concerned. The only away support that would need the whole stand next season would be Dunfermline and I would agree it would probably too much of risk to have our fans in the railway stand for that one.

Would obviously need to be policed properly by the club and the group themselves. Sounds like the club are looking to open up regular communication with the group so hopefully that trust and responsibility will help ensure they behave themselves properly.

Ideal scenario would be to have them in the railway stand closest to the south stand if it was safe but would be an unnecessary expense at the moment to get it in the required condition I’d imagine.

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Hendry,  and Hendry.  He should never have been playing at this level, let alone when we were in League 1.

This. Bowie had the raw materials which is why Fulham took a chance in him, but Hendry was and still is a more accomplished player. 

Bowie has looked a bit lost in this match. Not sure he suits playing through the middle. 

9 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Already being considered for next season by the club. 

That’s good to hear, sounds from their interview that there may be a few changes implemented by the time we return. Exciting times off the field hopefully matched on the field!

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

That's a pretty wild rumour, our top two earners are on less than that and neither are Bene. 

We matched Raiths financial offer, however we offered an extra year, and with that an incremental rise this year? 

4 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Not doubting you but how do you know how much Dunfermline players earn?

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Small world really, leaks have thankfully become less common over the season though. 

The security of the 2 year deal was why he moved, Benedictus is not on over 100 grand a year. 

That’s actually exactly what was discussed/rumoured last year when it happened with both him and Frankie.

Wouldn't want to lose Connolly tbh, particularly to Dunfermline.

Not overly fussed about anyone else to be honest.  I do wonder however if the lack of available players since early April is in any way linked to plans for next season from those players.