The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm not overly fussed if Lang moves on. With the positive sounds coming from the club I feel a lot more confident that we will find suitable replacements for him and Nolan who can certainly be replaced.  A Lee Ashcroft type player with experience along side Stanger would be better than what we have had. 

Lang IMO is not good enough for the top flight, he will be found out but good luck to him should he get this move.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Been saying this to folk for weeks. If we can sign him, we absolutely should. Don’t imagine he will be short of Championship offers, though. 

I think he might end back up at the pars but I would take him at us for that experience and leadership at the back 

8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm not overly fussed if Lang moves on. With the positive sounds coming from the club I feel a lot more confident that we will find suitable replacements for him and Nolan who can certainly be replaced.  A Lee Ashcroft type player with experience along side Stanger would be better than what we have had. 

Lang IMO is not good enough for the top flight, he will be found out but good luck to him should he get this move.

Well at least it’s the premiership or lower leagues down south and not another championship side/pars or Falkirk tbh 

Saw that both strips are half priced to clear in club shop. Also saw social media post about huge amount of training gear (the stuff which has found its way into the club shop in the past) being donated to local good cause. Moving away from Joma? 

40 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Lang's faults being overstated again. Our defensive unit absolutely wasn't good enough, but perhaps that fault doesn't lie with the guy who's being plucked out of it for the Premiership. 

Not that I fundamentally disagree, but Willy Akio was also plucked into the Premiership last season.

19 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

While I’d love this to be the case, two of the directors who sat around the table and went ‘This is a great signing’ and then doubled down with that second statement are still on our board. One is part of the consortium and our Chairman 

OK we will just wave out our magic wands and create the cash to pay off Sim. At least they don't Ave a controlling stake in the club. This us where the fans get together and use the money donated to the clubs to build a pot of money to make a difference. Whether it's in 5 years or 10 years. 

14 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Saw that both strips are half priced to clear in club shop. Also saw social media post about huge amount of training gear (the stuff which has found its way into the club shop in the past) being donated to local good cause. Moving away from Joma? 

I'd be surprised if we are moving away from Joma. Doesn't Barrowman have some connection to them?

Macron make some decent strips, with next season's Dundee effort being an exception.

16 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

OK we will just wave out our magic wands and create the cash to pay off Sim. At least they don't Ave a controlling stake in the club. This us where the fans get together and use the money donated to the clubs to build a pot of money to make a difference. Whether it's in 5 years or 10 years. 

Wasn’t about Sim. He is technically still about but not having a controlling stake and having committed to becoming non-active at the club means you can argue it’s a fresh start on that front. 

My reply was a response to an incorrect comment that everyone involved with the DG decision was gone when they’re clearly not. Tom Morgan as far as I’m aware still on the board, although suspect he might stand down at some point, but Steve MacDonald is part of the consortium and currently our Chairman. Whether that matters or not to most folk I doubt, but it does mean that some directly responsible for the Goodwillie signing are still about the club.

Edited by roverthemoon

20 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Wasn’t about Sim. He is technically still about but not having a controlling stake and having committed to becoming non-active at the club means you can argue it’s a fresh start on that front. 

My reply was a response to an incorrect comment that everyone involved with the DG decision was gone when they’re clearly not. Tom Morgan as far as I’m aware still on the board, although suspect he might stand down at some point, but Steve MacDonald is part of the consortium and currently our Chairman. Whether that matters or not to most folk I doubt, but it does mean that some directly responsible for the Goodwillie signing are still about the club.

Morgan isn't on the board now.

31 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'd be surprised if we are moving away from Joma. Doesn't Barrowman have some connection to them?

Macron make some decent strips, with next season's Dundee effort being an exception.

Barrowman was / is a regional rep for Joma. If no longer, we might be moving.

Lang can blow hot and cold and has been injured for quite a lot of his 2 years with us. I like him and when he's on his game he's very good but we need durable players as we'll never have a big squad. Good luck to him wherever he ends up however.

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Where is Lang off too?