The New Raith Rovers Thread

On the topic of 50% off last seasons strips, and the assumption it means new strips are coming for the next campaign, hopefully the club have something planned similar to last season with an open day. Albeit a bit choatic at times it seemed a hugely successful day.

2 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Not having a pink away strip would be as good as a signing for me 😂

Don’t think I seen us play well in that all season. Maybe Arbroath and Linlithgow away at an absolute push. 

Back to white please.

I loved the pink strip but seems like I was in the minority. Quite like the idea of us having a more outlandish away strip, though. Seen us have a boring one way too many times. 

5 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Not having a pink away strip would be as good as a signing for me 😂

Don’t think I seen us play well in that all season. Maybe Arbroath and Linlithgow away at an absolute push. 

Back to white please.

We wore blue in Linlithgow. 

But I liked the pink strip, picked up a half price one this week because my appreciation of it was trumped only by my tightfistedness. 

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I loved the pink strip but seems like I was in the minority. Quite like the idea of us having a more outlandish away strip, though. Seen us have a boring one way too many times. 

Agree. Always like it when clubs go radge with their away tops in terms of colour and style. 

However...

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'm turning into a wee bit of an old man with these things, but I personally think the reverse of the home kit would have looked superb.

I agree with this also. The 94 home and away tops are without a doubt my favourite tops purely because of the colour reversal. That and our Prem home and away tops. 

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Agree. Always like it when clubs go radge with their away tops in terms of colour and style. 

However...

I agree with this also. The 94 home and away tops are without a doubt my favourite tops purely because of the colour reversal. That and our Prem home and away tops. 

Tell me about it, I've been trying for years to find the prem away one to complete the set from the glory years.  

I won one of the away strips in a competition in the Sunday Mirror with 'Coca Cola Cup winners'  stitched onto it. Still wear it occasionally even now as it was a generous fit in those days and I can still just about get into it.

Masson and Mitchell signed on. Masson looked a good prospect when he played. Spoke to a guy I know who watches Bonnyrigg Rose and he said that of the two on loan, Arnott had made a much better impression/contribution and that Mitchell had frustrated. Murray must see some potential in him. 

Edited by roverthemoon

22 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'm turning into a wee bit of an old man with these things, but I personally think the reverse of the home kit would have looked superb.

I think it's no exaggeration to suggest we'd have won the league if we'd done that.

1 minute ago, Rover1990 said:

Mitchell and Masson back for next season.

Happy with that, and also the Brown extension obviously.

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Masson and Mitchell signed on. Masson looked a good prospect when he played. Spoke to a guy I know who watches Bonnyrigg Rose and he said that of the two on loan, Arnott had made a much better impression/contribution and that Mitchell had frustrated. Murray must see some potential in him. 

Arnott signed up as well for next season so hopefully the next signings have more experience even if they are young, speaking of which it looks like young hasn’t been given a contract or you would think it would have been announced with the 2 young lads (a lot of young in that paragraph 🤦🏻‍♂️😂)