The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Sounds like a good commercial appointment. Lots of good things happening off the field, a marked difference to the stagnation of the last few years. Loving the new energy and enthusiasm around the club. 

I feel like we're getting in a lot of people who have access to good networks. Before we were working from season to season more in hope. While it'll take a bit of time for it all to come together, there's definitely plenty to be positive over.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I feel like we're getting in a lot of people who have access to good networks. Before we were working from season to season more in hope. While it'll take a bit of time for it all to come together, there's definitely plenty to be positive over.

It at least feels like a coordinated strategy to get the right people with the right experience in the right positions. Not sure the club has ever had that in the time I’ve supported it.  Its early days of course but if they can blend the energy, enthusiasm and professionalism of the new team with a genuine connection to the community and properly valuing fans and volunteers in the process then it could turn into something quite exciting. 

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Not convinced about the slope accusation... that was eradicated when the stadium was built in 1996. McGinn never played on the slope.

Everything else sounds legit though :)

It's just the gravitational pull of his fat arse dragging him in that direction. 

6 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

Why don’t we just put in car charging points in the lockers as well? Boys will need to charge their cars in 50 years time 

Because the cars don’t fit into the locker room? However, a few public charging points in the parking area would provide some revenue.

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Sounds like a good commercial appointment. Lots of good things happening off the field, a marked difference to the stagnation of the last few years. Loving the new energy and enthusiasm around the club. 

I could see this appointment being more important than nearly any signing on the pitch right now. A Raith fan with an extensive, and impressive, CV in the commercial market brought in to coordinate the Club’s actions, bravo!

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Because the cars don’t fit into the locker room? However, a few public charging points in the parking area would provide some revenue.

Enthusiasm can be a powerful energy in itself but I think you need to calm down a bit Tex. We're doing up the dressing rooms, hospitality, office, shop etc. Rightly, infrastructure is the current investment priority. Public access charging points in a tiny, not fit for purpose car park at the away end, I'm sure, don't feature on the "to do" list. Rightly.

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Enthusiasm can be a powerful energy in itself but I think you need to calm down a bit Tex. We're doing up the dressing rooms, hospitality, office, shop etc. Rightly, infrastructure is the current investment priority. Public access charging points in a tiny, not fit for purpose car park at the away end, I'm sure, don't feature on the "to do" list. Rightly.

But I’d still redo the electrical sufficent to support it eventually,

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Safe to say we're not getting a 5* trip advisor review from a former Hibs player...

Screenshot_20230516-092126.png

Any Hibs player moaning about a sloped pitch has absolutely zero awareness or appreciation of his own club's history.

Hmm. Somewhat disappointed at that. Doesn't offer anywhere near enough going forward from left back, and you can't exactly say he contributed to an effective defensive unit either. 

If we're bringing in a starting left back and two centre halfs to be ahead of Dick in the pecking order than I think he's a very good squad player to have, but if the plan is for him to start at either left back or in the middle we're setting out on the same path as last season. 

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Hmm. Somewhat disappointed at that. Doesn't offer anywhere near enough going forward from left back, and you can't exactly say he contributed to an effective defensive unit either. 

If we're bringing in a starting left back and two centre halfs to be ahead of Dick in the pecking order than I think he's a very good squad player to have, but if the plan is for him to start at either left back or in the middle we're setting out on the same path as last season. 

Aye, it might look fine in the context of later squad building or it might just be an early sign of us settling for the same issues again next season.