The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We're pretty much just playing to it, but it'll get numbers. We've seen it before when he's scored headers "Dick heads in from close range". As Hank says, he knows what he's doing. 

Not everything will be like this. There'll be plenty of changes online that will get made where folk might not realise or acknowledge because it'll be far more subtle.

You weren't kidding, just looked at Twitter and that one tweet looks to have had more interaction than the last few weeks worth of tweets from the club combined.

9 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Genuine question - what is going on with that social media post about the contract extension? 410k impressions? Nearly 5k likes mainly from EPL fanboy accounts? 🤣

Well at least we can put ‘Dick’ and ‘exposure’ in a sentence that’s actually quite good. The more people that follow our social media accounts the better

Quite happy about Dick being given another contract. A fairly dependable, utility defenceman who gives 100% and hardly gets injured? Yup.

Who's to say he won't be more solid (hang fire, humourless Raith fans) with better centre halves beside him anyway? I can't remember him being directly responsible for too many goals, that Ayr game notwithstanding!!

Starting to think Dicko got this new contract solely so the club could do #numbers. 

(I think the importance of online engagement outwith your own fanbase can be vastly overstated at times, but I think you've absolutely got to say fair play to Ruaridh Kilgour on this. Turns up with his "boost social media presence" CV and the club knocks out a viral tweet within a couple of days. Some boy.)

This is more like it Raith fans, we were all being too happy and jovial about the future. It's nice to see the thread back with a bang as people argue over a social media post by the team. Fantastic stuff! 

Just now, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Dick seems to take lowbrow digs at his surname pretty well going by how he reacted at Parkhead last season tbf.

I'm happy with him signing an extension too. Fairly solid, if unspectacular player.

I'd be surprised if nobody checked with him and as you say, he seems to take it in good spirit.

While it's not for everyone I'd be wary of lumping everyone into homogeneous groups and saying it might not be funny to women/families.

14 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Quite happy about Dick being given another contract. A fairly dependable, utility defenceman who gives 100% and hardly gets injured? Yup.

Who's to say he won't be more solid (hang fire, humourless Raith fans) with better centre halves beside him anyway? I can't remember him being directly responsible for too many goals, that Ayr game notwithstanding!!

Hi Rory McKeown...

51 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Sim made millions from accountancy. Didn’t stop him signing a rapist. 

Appreciate there’s a view that sees football as purely a bloke’s environment where  sexualised humour is the norm and celebrated. Raith Rovers is never going to survive on that market. It needs women, families, the rest of the community.  Hopefully the club understands this and doesn’t get distracted chasing likes from adolescents.

Are they all Puritans?

I get the clutching at pearls re the tweet, it made me realise something pretty obvious. Not every tweet, post article, interview is for everyone. Annoys me to think pleasing me isn't the clubs sole purpose but I will get through it.

Kind of tweet only possible at amateur level or when you have someone on the board grabbing the thistle. Maybe those EPL fanboys might now say "oh, Raith Rovers with the Dick extension tweet" instead of something else. 

If the players not bothered then hey ho. 

Would add the expertise of the newest addition to the back room team looks too good to be true. No messing about so far. 

Edited by The Tiel Burn

53 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm quite happy to give Dick a new deal because he's a solid, dependable player who rarely has a poor game, but we must sign a left back and two centre backs capable of keeping him out of the team if we are looking to progress.

Solid, dependable and rarely has a poor game but you want someone to keep him out the team to make us better? So in other words he's not good enough 

2 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

Solid, dependable and rarely has a poor game but you want someone to keep him out the team to make us better? So in other words he's not good enough 

You do realise we need more than 11 players?