The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Close season really messes you up eh?

No Rovers to watch so instead I've taken to watching the amount of views and likes go up and up and up on the Dick extension tweet instead.

Me anaw man, went up 3k wi being on the pan 😅

5 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Close season really messes you up eh?

No Rovers to watch so instead I've taken to watching the amount of views and likes go up and up and up on the Dick extension tweet instead.

With the warmer weather it's better entertainment than your smart meter.

56 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Two million views on a tweet announcing a new deal for a left back who everyone likes but acknowledges could probably be improved upon, you'll never sing that. 

How much actual income does that bring in to Raith Rovers?  Probably zero.

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

How much actual income does that bring in to Raith Rovers?  Probably zero.

Ach jog on. A tongue in cheek post that is showing us in a good light and you are complaining about and pulling the “ohhh look at me, I’m so mature. How dare someone make a funny post on social media” card. Over 3 million views on Twitter and you are complaining. Look at where we were last January with people commenting on social media from our signing back then. Honestly. 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

3 million views. I’ll ask again. How much income does that bring in to Raith Rovers? How many actual Rovers fans does it alienate? That’s all I give a f**k about. 

Seemingly 1 - you. 

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

3 million views. I’ll ask again. How much income does that bring in to Raith Rovers? 

How much did it cost us?

Edited by Enigma

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

3 million views. I’ll ask again. How much income does that bring in to Raith Rovers? How many actual Rovers fans does it alienate? That’s all I give a f**k about. 

Well surely more views and interactions we get on social media means we can charge more for sponsoring our posts? FDL currently sponsor our posts, maybe someone bigger with more money will want to sponsor them next if we continue to gain a wider audience… more money from sponsors means more money for the playing budget, better players, more likely to get promoted. It all trickles down eventually. But no, not in your eyes, we just remain corporate like and never have banter. Great. 

Do you seriously think it’ll alienate anyone? You really think anyone will choose not to spend a single penny with Raith Rovers because of a bit of potty humour on Twitter?

I get it’s not the type of humour that everyone likes but the level of outrage from a couple of fans is really not proportionate. 

Just now, roverthemoon said:

There’s been more than me criticising this even on this thread. So it garnered praise amongst adolescent fans of other clubs, but brought in nothing, but made a few genuine Rovers fans uncomfortable. This boy Ruaridh is a genius.

You are clutching at  straws here. Two people didn’t like it, over 3 million on Twitter have seen it and as far as I can see not one has made a negative remark. Quite the opposite. Even celebrities are joining in. What more do you want? We cannot pander to a few people who don’t like something . 

Look forward to more penis, fart and sex jokes then. All about the audience. Genuine community club. Leave no one behind. 

One tweet. I somehow doubt our Twitter feed will be transformed into the Viz letters page.

Edited by Enigma

10 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Well surely more views and interactions we get on social media means we can charge more for sponsoring our posts? FDL currently sponsor our posts, maybe someone bigger with more money will want to sponsor them next if we continue to gain a wider audience… more money from sponsors means more money for the playing budget, better players, more likely to get promoted. It all trickles down eventually. But no, not in your eyes, we just remain corporate like and never have banter. Great. 

FDL, for one, are absolutely chuffed to bits with it. @roverthemoon’s faux outrage strikes me as just that. Imagine being miserable about the club doing something (at literally no cost I might add) which has both given the us some extraordinary exposure and delighted a key sponsor…

73B75822-5D33-422D-8BE8-C0D4454FF201.thumb.jpeg.1a70c156c475b477f5d23d7dbece4e30.jpeg