The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I'm going to sound old here, but I blame social media. There's been a big rise in this pish over the past wee while. They'll know it'll get a reaction. 

Don't think you're wrong. That will also be where they even heard of such silly pish.

8 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Greg McEwan definitely away. He’s even deleted his tweet about joining Rovers a few weeks ago.

Not surprised given his reputation in a similar role at Hibs. Seemed to be universally disliked.

Yeah McEwan is 100% away and I suspect there’s been no announcement as I think he was a contractor anyway.

From what I’ve heard he’s been “working” at the clubs since way before the takeover was announced and there was very little to show for those months for which he was taking a wage out of the club. He apparently took the huff after he realised he wasn’t going to be CEO.

I heard as well, from somebody who’s sponsored the club before, and have a business in Kirkcaldy, that he seemed to express no real interest in them, despite being a long term supporter and being keen to be involved, and just kept going on about his time/connections from Hibs. A complete charlatan.

They stuff about there being a North Stand sponsor being in place is also a complete fabrication.

In all honestly his departure sounds to me like a bullet dodged.

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I'm going to sound old here, but I blame social media. There's been a big rise in this pish over the past wee while. They'll know it'll get a reaction. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Don't think you're wrong. That will also be where they even heard of such silly pish.

Any Raith fan singing songs about Norrie McCathie is an absolute bellend, yeah he was an legend for our nearest and dearest and got a fair bit of stick on the park during the games which is acceptable. What happened was tragic but thankfully I was lucky enough to see him play a few times, a fantastic football player.

51 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yeah McEwan is 100% away and I suspect there’s been no announcement as I think he was a contractor anyway.

From what I’ve heard he’s been “working” at the clubs since way before the takeover was announced and there was very little to show for those months for which he was taking a wage out of the club. He apparently took the huff after he realised he wasn’t going to be CEO.

I heard as well, from somebody who’s sponsored the club before, and have a business in Kirkcaldy, that he seemed to express no real interest in them, despite being a long term supporter and being keen to be involved, and just kept going on about his time/connections from Hibs. A complete charlatan.

They stuff about there being a North Stand sponsor being in place is also a complete fabrication.

I believe McEwan was punted early last week  after a board meeting and feedback from commercial staff. 
Seemingly took over £10,000 out the club over 6 months (which iv heard they are going to ask for back). Not one new commercial deal was signed or even close to be signed.

The North Stand deal, seemingly was a smokescreen conjured up the day he got the bullet to save him face.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

I will say I conversed with McEwan via email, and he was very responsive and helpful. This was less than two weeks ago.

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I will say I conversed with McEwan via email, and he was very responsive and helpful. This was less than two weeks ago.

Maybe his resignation/sacking was AFTER his communication with yourself... 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Surely now he’s punted well be looking for a new commercial director or someone already there takes over? Plus if he’s away maybe mckenzie or one of the other board members over see the new sponsorship at the north stand? 

17 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Surely now he’s punted well be looking for a new commercial director or someone already there takes over? Plus if he’s away maybe mckenzie or one of the other board members over see the new sponsorship at the north stand? 

Isn’t Commercial part of Graeme Kilgours new role ?

3 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Isn’t Commercial part of Graeme Kilgours new role ?

I don’t know tbh if he is involved or been put into the commercial roles or you would think it wouldve been announced by now 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

Good day out. Mullen, Easton, Stanton and Smith all had some nice moments of play together.

Trialist left back seemed good. 

Also great to see Matthews back.

Lithgae are a great wee welcoming club, who wouldn't be out of place in League 1 or 2. Best of luck to them this season. 

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

These words doing a lot of heavy lifting here. Guess you're on one side of the story already 

7 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

These words doing a lot of heavy lifting here. Guess you're on one side of the story already 

You might but right but I’ve heard both “sides” and I know what side I’m inclined to believe and I’m not in the slightest concerned McEwan has left the club.

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, sinkorswim said:Not one new commercial deal was signed or even close to be signed.
1 hour ago, sinkorswim said:

Not one new commercial deal was signed or even close to be signed.

This is nonsense as well, the company I work for signed a new enhanced deal in the last couple of weeks.