The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’ve got a feeling we might put a 3 year deal on the table for him as other clubs seem to only give out 1/1.5/2 year deals at this level and we’ve done it this season with Hamilton and Mullin so it is a possibility 

Not sure where you are getting your information from but both ourselves and Queens Park have given several 3 year deals out to players this season.  We also gave out 2.5 year contract to a player mid season 

We actually find ourselves in a really challenging position: the goal for the season was a play-off spot, we are currently top of the league. We have some good championship players and a good few who could comfortably take a step up.

For us as a team, we can't overly invest in championship level players (Daniel being an example), because if we take the step up you don't want to find yourself with a good number of players who may struggle and not perform. This must be really challenging for the management team because who should they sign now, and for how long?

I can also pretty much guarantee the agents of many of our higher performing teams will be scouting about looking for deals for next season. I mean, if the likes of the Motherwell's, Kilmarnock's etc. offer players pre-contract agreements, they will be seriously looking at them and could you blame them for not looking at them. You also have the issue of the likes of Vaughn and Easton - I would love to see them on multi-year deals... but right now, how would you budget for these? Do you base it on going up? Strangely, I feel that these problems would be a lot less problematic if we were second or third!

Above all, what we do seem to have is a group of players that have gelled and seem to be happy where they are. Hopefully this is a benefit when it comes to contract negotiations. 

20 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Not sure where you are getting your information from but both ourselves and Queens Park have given several 3 year deals out to players this season.  We also gave out 2.5 year contract to a player mid season 

I wasn’t specifically saying you or QP is said some other clubs if they were to give out deals to players normally do 1/1.5/2 years apart from this year it’s rare to see 3 year deals for this division especially for someone who is close to 30 but you never know 👍

Edited by RRFC_Liam

15 minutes ago, chris1883 said:

can also pretty much guarantee the agents of many of our higher performing teams will be scouting about looking for deals for next season. I mean, if the likes of the Motherwell's, Kilmarnock's etc. offer players pre-contract agreements, they will be seriously looking at them and could you blame them for not looking at them. You also have the issue of the likes of Vaughn and Easton - I would love to see them on multi-year deals... but right now, how would you budget for these? Do you base it on going up? Strangely, I feel that these problems would be a lot less problematic if we were second or third!

Out of the 2 players you’ve mentioned Vaughan would be the one likely to stay I don’t think anyone else would take a risk on him because of his injury past especially on a long term deal 

10 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I wasn’t specifically saying you or QP is said some other clubs if they were to give out deals to players normally do 1/1.5/2 years apart from this year it’s rare to see 3 year deals for this division especially for someone who is close to 30 but you never know 👍

To be fair 35 year old Brian Graham got a 3 year deal though he is likely the exception 😉

11 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Half a season left to go and rumour mongers speculating whos been offered pre contract deals, when no-one knows what league they're going to be in. What's coming next a £2 million offer for Big Kev

Exactly, surely it's time for some serious speculating. Which midfielder is Ian Murray gonna sign instead of a defender this transfer window?

4 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

Exactly, surely it's time for some serious speculating. Which midfielder is Ian Murray gonna sign instead of a defender this transfer window?

I think hes already signed and we're just awaiting the fanfare announcement 😉

P.s. he can also play defence

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

I do feel the 'it's a beautiful day, don't you agree Rovers fans' Tweet isn't far away.

I do hope they're not actually waiting for a decent day outside, its a pretty rubbish time of the year for it

10 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Screenshot_20240110-150530_X.jpg

Saw this one coming.   The BBC do like a United game this season.  

Does the 2 game per stadium maximum get ignored for the last game of the season?  It'll be a shame if they can't be there to see us lift the trophy after the last game at home to Arbroath.....

3 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Saw this one coming.   The BBC do like a United game this season.  

Does the 2 game per stadium maximum get ignored for the last game of the season?  It'll be a shame if they can't be there to see us lift the trophy after the last game at home to Arbroath.....

I'll pray for that to happen and it'll serve them right