The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Dundee, Aberdeen and the Old Firm have all filled that end, with far more propensity for bother.

Whatever reason it's for, it's not safety, and it's not to increase their own ticket share - which makes it very weird.

It's as clear as day because they are fucking rattled by us. 

Glorious.

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Dundee, Aberdeen and the Old Firm have all filled that end, with far more propensity for bother.

Whatever reason it's for, it's not safety, and it's not to increase their own ticket share - which makes it very weird.

Spot on. The idea that Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen can fill that end fully every time, but the police are insisting that Raith Rovers must vacate the front six rows this time, but not last time, is fanciful at best. 

Despite everything it should be noted just how impressive it is for us to be selling 1300 tickets or so in less than two hours on a Thursday morning. Makes you wonder what we could have taken to this game if our hosts were more accommodating. 

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Despite everything it should be noted just how impressive it is for us to be selling 1300 tickets or so in less than two hours on a Thursday morning. Makes you wonder what we could have taken to this game if our hosts were more accommodating. 

Absolutely. I reckon we would have taken 3,000 given the magnitude of the game (the same as we did in 2010 at Dens for the cup QF and in 2011 at East End). Shame we’ll never find out.

2 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Absolutely. I reckon we would have taken 3,000 given the magnitude of the game (the same as we did in 2010 at Dens for the cup QF and in 2011 at East End). Shame we’ll never find out.

Think we were nudging 4000 for the Challange Cup Final last season? I think we could have broken through that.

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

It's as clear as day because they are fucking rattled by us. 

Glorious.

Keep telling yourselves that 😆 🤣 

Old Firm levels of entitlement on continual rewind. 

Sliding into .......etc

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Think we were nudging 4000 for the Challange Cup Final last season? I think we could have broken through that.

You couldn’t even get that last night for one of your modern day heroes. 

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

It’s simply because they are in the huff about sliding into sunday post and fear us getting strength from a big support

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Spot on. The idea that Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen can fill that end fully every time, but the police are insisting that Raith Rovers must vacate the front six rows this time, but not last time, is fanciful at best. 

My memory of the last game at Tannadice was blue santa hats everywhere with a fair number of Rovers fans with grocery bags for local food banks.

Police concern is nonsense.

Think the sliding into Sunday thing has touched a nerve, 1-0 to the Rovers already.

Board will appeal this pettiness I would imagine

Edited by anonionanawnoo

United have handled this badly and poorly communicated what they are doing. The idea on here though that they have reduced the Raith allocation because they are running scared is quite amusing and delusional. As if a few hundred less in the stadium is going to tip anything. 

8 hours ago, Scottydog said:

In the 1980's I saw lot's of United games in the EUFA cup, most memorably I even took a day off school to get the train to Dundee to secure tickets for the Roma European Cup semi final.  A few years after that I was at the game where Gallacher scored to beat Barca 1-0. Even went to Hampden to see Special Brew beat the ****.

How the mighty have fallen eh?

Bad enough for their supporters that they have turned into such a shitshow on the park (mostly due to donkey managers like Goodwin and an  incompetent owners and boards) seems they've now gone an finally flushed any last vestiges of their reputation down the pan with this mishandling of ticket sales, what an utter shambles of a club.

Seems the arabs I work with (the ones that said Rovers would be a spec in their rear view mirrors by Easter) are too embarrassed to answer my messages and calls.

Priceless!

I'm of an age that I done exactly the same as well as going to Derek Starks testimonial dinner at Dean 

7 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

United have handled this badly and poorly communicated what they are doing. The idea on here though that they have reduced the Raith allocation because they are running scared is quite amusing and delusional. As if a few hundred less in the stadium is going to tip anything. 

Why do you reckon they've reduced it - no Utd fan appears to have an alternative suggestion. 

1 hour ago, North West said:

Utterly deluded.

Club whose home attendances have doubled this season, playing in a top of the table clash 7 games from the end of its best season in nearly 30 years, in a ground just 30 miles away, having already taken 1,900 fans there on the last visit 9 days before Christmas… Aye, I’m deluding myself.

Just now, Dee Man said:

Why do you reckon they've reduced it - no Utd fan appears to have an alternative suggestion. 

I don't know that's why I say they have poorly communicating their actions.I am hearing it is a security diktat but that needs to be explained.  'Running scared' is the least plausible explanation and makes no sense whatsoever.