The New Raith Rovers Thread

Another tough day watch that today.

I’m hoping the team can pull a bit of form as we hit the playoffs.

Some nice spells at times but the erratic passing and gifting up possession is really poor..is part of the issue that Murray chops and changes every week?

We don’t score goals and the chances seem to be drying up. Home atmosphere is horrific also…where did all the young team go? 

47 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Home atmosphere is horrific also…where did all the young team go? 

Don’t think it was ever really the young team creating the atmosphere tbh. It was the whole support because the games were so exciting and we were playing brilliantly. Our performances have gone flat and now the atmosphere is flat. 

Edited by FitbaSupporter

Biggest problem we have is the defence aside,  is an abundance of individual talent elsewhere throughout the squad and Murray is trying to keep everyone happy....... the big drawback with that is they then cant play as a team.

However all said and done it's been a hugely successful campaign, and must auger well for the future both on and off the park, hats of to the new owners for that, and long may their expertise continue and flourish 

1 minute ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Don’t think it was ever really the young team creating the atmosphere tbh. It was the whole support because the games were so exciting and we were playing brilliantly. Our performances have gone flat and now the atmosphere is flat. 

Ach it's just the way of crowds supporting wee teams. I mean look at you guys, and somilar sized clubs like Stenhousemuir, Burntisland Shipyards and so on.

Atmosphere wise we should be looking at designating a decent sized section of the South as a singing section for the home playoff semi. 

Season tickets not counting gives us a good oppurtunity to try and get a vocal crowd grouped together to drive the atmosphere.

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

3 minutes ago, North West said:
4 minutes ago, North West said:

Ach it's just the way of crowds supporting wee teams. I mean look at you guys, and somilar sized clubs like Stenhousemuir, Burntisland Shipyards and so on.

IMG_4155.png

7 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

At no point this season have we played brilliantly. The only difference now is we aren't getting the late winners. 

Whoever we play in the play offs, we're out. I'll be quite happy for us to bank the second place prize money and regroup over the summer. 

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

At no point this season have we played brilliantly. The only difference now is we aren't getting the late winners. 

Whoever we play in the play offs, we're out. I'll be quite happy for us to bank the second place prize money and regroup over the summer. 

I'm not sure you'll ever be happy.

18 minutes ago, North West said:

Is this your best patter? You couldn't try even just a wee bit harder than this?

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Nah, not having that. At no point have we been the complete package but that's not the same as saying we havent had brilliant games. 

We've probably seen some of the best attacking play from a Rovers team in a very long time. The fact we haven't defended leads very well is a feature, not a bug of the system. We swashbuckled our way into a good position, and you do it once - it's a fluke. Do it ten times and it's a product of superior fitness and gameplan.

We obviously should be looking to rebalance a bit in the Summer, regardless of league but to turn your nose up at some of the attacking moves that have picked apart more than one side in this league is daft, in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Happier when the Rovers are losing. 

Honestly from what some people where saying at the game I don't think he's alone. Baffling hearing some of the shit in starks today.

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Is this your best patter? You couldn't try even just a wee bit harder than this?

I wouldn't call that patter tbh. 

Patter is maybe something like: Starks on a Saturday, seen mair like in a Tramps summit. 

What do you think? 

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Honestly from what some people where saying at the game I don't think he's alone. Baffling hearing some of the shit in starks today.

Ever think maybe you're the one who doesn't know what they are talking about? 

37 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You sure you are a Rovers fan? Even if we were winning the Champions League you would find fault. 

im sure fans of the 8 sides below us would love to be in our position in the league. Our highest finish in around 15 years and you still complain.

Perhaps you need time away from your keyboard and get back into your straight jacket!

19 minutes ago, North West said:

I wouldn't call that patter tbh. 

Patter is maybe something like: Starks on a Saturday, seen mair like in a Tramps summit

What do you think? 

I think you need to take a wee rest. You're trying your best but you're spent.

8 minutes ago, jasperellon said:

You sure you are a Rovers fan? Even if we were winning the Champions League you would find fault. 

im sure fans of the 8 sides below us would love to be in our position in the league. Our highest finish in around 15 years and you still complain.

Perhaps you need time away from your keyboard and get back into your straight jacket!

I'm sure we'll follow the trajectory Ayr have this season if we stick with Murray. All the signs are there. 

It was good to see Vaughan make an appearance today. He’ll be a key player for the play-offs. 

I’m crossing my fingers that Thistle can take care of Airdrie in the 3rd v 4th play off.

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm sure we'll follow the trajectory Ayr have this season if we stick with Murray. All the signs are there. 

Give it a rest, for goodness' sake. We just finished clear 2nd and still with a shot at promotion that every other team in the league bar one would dearly love.

Given you were the one who branded the new owners "The village idiots", where did you expect us to finish under Murray's management?

16 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Who do you want instead?